Rebuild starting issues

HillBillyES

May 23, 2015
SoCal
Just did a complete topend rebuild, 169 PSI static compression, .068 squish, good spark, getting fuel, key on, on/off switch ON, held 5 PSI for 6 minutes... The bike will start to fire off but then bog out and die before it can get going. 330 mains, 32.5 pilot, needle 4th clip, A/F screw 1.5 turns out. Is there a blaster specific problem I'm missing... Feels like parking brake sensor but it's been deleted.

Reactions: Henry_20003
Reactions: HillBillyES
oil injection deleted too ?
injection nipple on carb blocked off ?

23800-0457f8eea6adc6e5630c285dc40936e4.jpg

needle clip in the middle
carb was cleaned good ?
float height 20 - 21.5mm ?
flywheel keyway intact ? double check, only takes a second to shear, if so lap flywheel to crank taper and torque to spec http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/bolt-and-torque-specs.46155/

you say park brake has been deleted = year 03 - 06 ?
TORS deleted properly for 03+ ? http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/

It's the tors... I didn't splice the wires... On the banshee you can just unplug and you're good, I'll check it out tomorrow but I know for a fact I didn't splice those wires..... Thanks

The black wire is it simply a grounding wire?

I'd say the TORS circuts do not use a common black ground as all other things do, as the unit provides it's own black wire, instead of using the common black grounds already in the harness.
just connect the black and yellow black stripe wires at both 2 wire connectors as shown in the DIY pics, right where they exit the unit, and at the carb,
and the TORS is fooled to still be functioning and will not limit revs

at carb connector
2vxhpi0.jpg

throttle switch connector at CDI/TORS unit
2lvzd3q.jpg

I'd say the TORS circuts do not use a common black ground as all other things do, as the unit provides it's own black wire, instead of using the common black grounds already in the harness.
just connect the black and yellow black stripe wires at both 2 wire connectors as shown in the DIY pics, right where they exit the unit, and at the carb,
and the TORS is fooled to still be functioning and will not limit revs

at carb connector
2vxhpi0.jpg

throttle switch connector at CDI/TORS unit
2lvzd3q.jpg

I cut all of the tors stuff out so I'm having to go back and add it... But I don't remember where anything was connected

it should only matter at the cdi itself under the front headlight.
the tors is present on the thumb throttle/clutch perch if still stock
and the carb if still stock. which is all controlled by the cdi at front nose/and or stator setup.

awk posted the 03-06 tors delete
and the rest in under the electrical troubleshooting threads.

does your quad have any aftermarket electrical?

p.s.
everytime someone cuts unneeded wires on here they come back with electrical issues:D:eek:

in my opinion if the tors is activated it will still start just not rev..summin is effed.....

Last edited:
get us a pic of your wiring and we will tell you what to do:)
pic of front nose cdi and the stator wires coming out of flywheel:D

i know you can take picso_O

Ok so for future reference... The yellow with brown tracer wire needs to be grounded, any ground it does not matter. The brown and green wires for the oil light need to be connected as well... If you cut them like I did. I would post a pic but I'm too lazy to do photo bucket... This is when Tapatalk would be great

Reactions: Awk08
electrical problems are hardest to diagnose
as i tend to avoid them and not mess up :D
on my device i don't need a image hosting site i just hit
upload file then bammm..

although whatever you did electric i would think you could undone to see if your problem is solved.
it might not even be electrical...but what do i know im not there with you/or have not even seen your quado_O

no cheap electrical parts...they will not work..

Ok so for future reference... The yellow with brown tracer wire needs to be grounded, any ground it does not matter. The brown and green wires for the oil light need to be connected as well... If you cut them like I did. I would post a pic but I'm too lazy to do photo bucket... This is when Tapatalk would be great

so you grounded the yellow/black stripe wire, tied oil tank wires together and she fired ?

no tapacrap or photobuck needed for pics, "upload file" right beside "post reply" under every post box.

how to post pics here............
home/lappy: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-post-pics-on-this-new-forum-layout.57951/
cellphone: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/posting-pics-from-phones.58877/

Yup grounded the yellow wire... Tied the oil light wires and she fired... Now I got to figure out how to route this throttle cable so it doesn't hang the slide... I don't understand why motion pro didn't put this cable with a bend at the carb top like on the banshee

Reactions: Awk08
electrical problems are hardest to diagnose
as i tend to avoid them and not mess up :D
on my device i don't need a image hosting site i just hit
upload file then bammm..

although whatever you did electric i would think you could undone to see if your problem is solved.
it might not even be electrical...but what do i know im not there with you/or have not even seen your quado_O

no cheap electrical parts...they will not work..
And if you have compression spark and fuel the only problem could be electrical... It's a 2 stroke it doesn't need much to run...