Rear Shock Mounting Location on +2" Swinger

bigred

May 4, 2011
Huntsville, ON
Hey guys my friend and I are going to be making a +2" swing arm out of a couple swing arms that I have here. I have a stock TRX250R rear shock that I will be using once we are done the mod. I was just wondering if anyone knows how far back from the swing arm bolt should I mount the shock mount to make my bike sit level, with the extra 2" and the bit longer rear shock? Any help would be awesome!! Thanks guys!

i can give you a measurement of my T-ROCK +2 swingers shock moint, but thats with a 400ex worx ultracross shock
i can tell you when i went trx250r shock on my sons +4 swinger, it sat 6 inches higher, i had to move it back 1 1/2 inches to get back to near stock ride height
so it seems on a +4.... 1 1/2 inches back = 5/6 inches ride height

my advice would be to build the swinger, mock it up with the top shock mounted onto the bike and prop the bike to the desired ride height, then swing the shock into location and fab the ears while in that position, possibly tack welding them on
then remove all and finish weld

i can also tell you you're gonna luv that shock......
tons of travel and smooth as hell

Thanks, I'm sure it will be a huge improvement over the stock shock. I also got a set of dual rate works with remote resivoirs off a TRX250R that I am currently trying to figure out a mounting plan... I was thinking the CFM lowering kit, and make some aluminum bushings that will take up the play where they bolt in, because the blaster shocks are wider where they bolt in to place. I have +3 a arms so Im hoping this plan will work out for me with the shocks set soft. Any ideas??