Rear Hydro Brake Help.

Sabin1269

Feb 19, 2011
Great state of Maine
I just rebuilt the rear caliper on my 2004 blaster and after putting it back on I cannot get the rear brakes to bleed. I have tried everything as far as the pump method, bottle trick and gravity bleeding them. I'm not a newbie at brake work, I consider myself a pretty good auto mechanic and havent met something I couldn't fix yet but for the life of me i cannot figure this out. I took the small rubber line between the rezzie and the master cylinder off and fluid is running right through that but after all my attempts there is still no fluid at the banjo fitting on the other side of the master. does anyone know any tricks/tips as far as getting a pedal again?

try pump bleeding it at the master banjo bolt by holding your finger over the hole to prevent it from sucking air back in when releasing the pedal, (you are closing the bleeders before leaving off the pedal..correct ???)
if you can't get pressure against your finger at the master, it will need rebuilt too.
also.... i have much better luck bleeding brakes with the rezzie cap off and keeping it full of fluid, and also have the caliper off the mount and up in the air, with the bleeder facing upwards so the air will travel up and out

AWK I did try that with the finger over the hole and I got no pressure at all against my finger. I wasnt sure if the master was just really airbound or if it needed to be rebuilt. I am going to try and reverse bleed it in case it is just air. if that doesnt work then I am going to get a rebuild kit for the master.

Ok I tried the reverse bleed and it wouldn't take any fluid in whatsoever, so then i suctioned some out and started to get fluid and got excited, so I went through a few rezzies worth of fluidand then tried to get a pedal. Nothing still and tried the bottle trick again too and still nothing so i am going to get the rebuild kit and try that.

did u try to hold pedal/lever down and pump it till the pedal/lever pushes out. Don't hold it down to firm, allow it to push out when pumping fluid into it. remember to remove cap on the filler so fuild can push upwards