rear hand brake

Henz155

Jan 3, 2012
id like to put a lever on for the rear brakes so i can do wheelies. does anyone know if there r kits for this and where to find 1

id like to put a lever on for the rear brakes so i can do wheelies. does anyone know if there r kits for this and where to find 1

Please explain more, you want to apply the brakes by lever to do wheelies.

Wont work, you need to be going forward to get the front up.

What he is saying is he wants a handbrake to control the back brakes. They use them on stunt bikes all the time. I'm not aware of any kits that are available. I'm sure you could fab something up though.

Then I must be dumb for thinking that he wanted to pick up the front by applying the back brake.

I am 68 next birthday and still learning.

lol, yeah i think he is talking about the front handbrake to operate the rear foot brake. just run a longer brake line if you have hydro's. of course, you will either have no front brakes or you could run it to operate the front and rear at the same time.

I am setting up to run front & rear brakes from the front brake master cylinder. Just got a banjo nut for 2 lines and a long line to go to the rear. Don't know if the front master will handle 3 calipers yet. I like the way my Scrambler stops, braking all wheels with the lever and it might help the old man do no foot wheelies ... LOL ... still plan to have an independent rear foot brake. We use just the rear to set up for turns downhill ... I'll have 2 small calipers in the rear.

what if you were to drill a hole and bolt the parking brake lever to the front brake lever? It may be awfully hard to squeeze but id think it would do its job for controlling wheelies. Also it may only work for pre-03 blasters with all cable brakes

he wants to contol the back brakes so he can control his wheelie. so if ya go to far back you squeeze the lever and go backdown so you dont flip back. i have thought of doing the same thing . but never found a kit. and didnt feel like nig riggin

im wanting a rear hand brake myself so i can control wheelies when my right foot is not on the peg....busted my ass yesterday cuz i didnt have one...really sucks that they dont make a kit for the blaster :(

I know this is an old thread but i figured id revive it instead of posting a new one. Has anyone done this or have any good ideas of how it could be done with cable brakes??? I would pay good money to have my rear brakes on a lever.

I know this is an old thread but i figured id revive it instead of posting a new one. Has anyone done this or have any good ideas of how it could be done with cable brakes??? I would pay good money to have my rear brakes on a lever.
Why not use the foot pedal???

switch to hydro rear brakes and it would be a lot easier to do,just sayin

Why not use the foot pedal???

switch to hydro rear brakes and it would be a lot easier to do,just sayin

I havent really looked in to switching to hydro but it sounds like it would not be easy and the reason it is better than the foot brake is you can do different types of wheelies besides just sitting down

I am setting up to run front & rear brakes from the front brake master cylinder. Just got a banjo nut for 2 lines and a long line to go to the rear. Don't know if the front master will handle 3 calipers yet. I like the way my Scrambler stops, braking all wheels with the lever and it might help the old man do no foot wheelies ... LOL ... still plan to have an independent rear foot brake. We use just the rear to set up for turns downhill ... I'll have 2 small calipers in the rear.

I would do it like yz Otis stats but I would use a yfz450r front master cylinder because it should be able to handle 3 calipers with 3 pistons because the 450r has 4 pistons just on the 2 front calipers

I would do it like yz Otis stats but I would use a yfz450r front master cylinder because it should be able to handle 3 calipers with 3 pistons because the 450r has 4 pistons just on the 2 front calipers

Thats a good idea if i do decide to switch to hydro i will probably do that im just throwing around some ideas at the moment