rear brake

RKR

Nov 21, 2010
south carolina
What's the best fix for rear brakes. I can't get the pedal to work after all adjustments but it still wrks when u use the front brakes. Any sugestions will help

Honestly? Just ditch the whole stock setup. PM a member by the name of awk08. He sells a bolt-on hydraulic rear brake kit which uses a Suzuki GSX-R rear brake caliper. It replaces the cable, caliper, pedal... everything giving you a headache as of now.

Everyone I've talked with loves this conversion kit. I am going to order one myself soon so I can say for sure.

Those stock mechanical rear brake calipers are a joke. They never worked well, even when new.

Reactions: Awk08
Yes, everything is a direct bolt-on. Awk can send you a pic of the setup before you buy. I think they are $ 165.00 ready-to-go. Not 100% sure...

For the time being, if you just need rear brakes to ride or are a little short on cash, go to Vito's Performance.com and order a park-brake eliminator kit for your rear brake. It's maybe $ 25.00. I bet your stock cable has stretched out. This new cable may restore at least some rear braking performance once installed.

i also have a complete rear brake setup for sale right now in the for sale section witch includes the cable but like said by pretty much everyone if you have the extra cash definitly get awk's gsxr setup!! i just ordered mine from him, great guy to do business with!!

info sent to RKR

thanx for the support guys !!!!!!!

have some luv......i mean greens, hahahaaaaa