real big problem

blaster7

Mar 5, 2011
Martinsburg wv
Well today i got my engine done and cranked it over for the first time,but i ran into some big time problems,the engine is not wanting to rev up what so ever its unlike anything ive ever seen in my life,i would like to post a vid or a link to a vid so the pro's on hear can see whst im talking about but im not to teck savy ya know but i will try,as far as im thinking it can be is the timing because i ported the exhaust up 2mm and im running an adjustabile stater plate at plus 3 now im not sure if this could be it or not im just saying it might,any help would be great guys.

No parking brake or tors on it? 2mm is quite a bit, is that from stock Vito's porting? Double check your carb. While handleing might have got chunk of sh*t in main jet

are you sure you adjusted the timing plate in the right direction ?
is the piston in the right direction, arrow facing forward ?
pull the pipe off to see if it revs ?
leakdown and compression tested ?
try a new plug ?
wiring reconnected correctly ?
carb cleaned and new fuel/mix ?

ok well spark plug is brand new piston is in right direction as far as I know wiring is right because I have spark but I did buy the wiring harness from a member off of hear,and yes no tors,now the timing I'm not 100% sure about because there are no marks on the engine case half to go buy so what i did is slip on my stock stater plate and the made a stock mark off of that then I setted my adjustable one plus 3 I mean I'm lost guys I mean I guess I can try to set the timing back to zero the check that carb because that carb is brand new ya know,I'll keep you guys posted,again thanks fellows.

If it ran before the timing change move it back, even go as far as puting the stock plate back on if you think you have multiple problems, If it was a timing issue that will fix it, if it wasn't well then you just remove one of the variable that it could have been.

How long was pipe laying around? Might have a mouse house in it.:eek:

This is a good one, it happens! I second it.

Hmmm, major engine build, bored & stroked and it won't rev?
Getting strangled somewhere isn't it?
Timing has been talked about, you are checking that out?
Did you put the spacer plate under the cylinder jug?

Pull that pipe and check it out. Put the vacuum cleaner to it.
Look in the exhaust port to see if you can see the intake windows on the piston.
Piston in backwards will start and idle but not rev. Got a wonderful deal on a DT250 with that problem once.

Did you ever run with that carb before?

Sometimes it is good to change one thing at a time. If something doesn't work you have a pretty good idea what it is.
How high will it rev? Idle? just above idle? 5000rpm? 8000 but your looking for 10,000?