Ready to set it on fire

blasternoob

Feb 7, 2008
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Hello:

I can usually get my blaster to crank with a new spark plug. It will run like crazy, flawlessly.

The next day, it will not crank for nothing! What is my problem??

Thanks

Yesterday I kicked on it about 20 times and it never hit. I pulled the plug and it was dry. (Yes, the gas was on... lol) I kicked on it another 20 times, and this time it was soaked. Never hit.

do you check for 'spark' before starting it?

if there's no spark, a bad ground or a wire that is frayed could cause it not to spark

ok , u check make sure the spark is good? , umm does it have good compression? . did u try and clean the carb . im just throwing some stuff out there im still kinda a newbie myself lol ..

thanks for the input! Yes, it has spark when I check. My brother is bringing his Blasty over today and we're gonna put his carb on mine. (His cranks perfect everytime.) He's also gonna bring a compression gauge.

Any more ideas?

umm hmm u check to see if your reeds were good . are your gaskets good . and i think thats all i have lol .. yeah just give his carb a try and let us no how it works .

i would probably chase down the compression issue then the spark its may still spark but its not enough to start or its not sparkin at right time ..just my opinion

Just an update incase someone runs across this post. Someone had put a different carb on my Blaster. I bought a stock carb off Ebay and that took care of my problem. Guess that carb just had issues.