raptor 80

Jumping the seleniod will help tell if it is bad, or if it is the starter or wireing, since it isn't clicking I'm guessing it is the selenoid, or wireing, a good multitester will work good to, just make sure that you push the starter button when testing through the selenoid or it will look bad.

Jumping the seleniod will help tell if it is bad, or if it is the starter or wireing, since it isn't clicking I'm guessing it is the selenoid, or wireing, a good multitester will work good to, just make sure that you push the starter button when testing through the selenoid or it will look bad.

yo, i charged the solenoid and all i got was sparks, and a burnt arm.

Ouch! did you try jumping the big terminals with the heavy wires? if it was clicking before it may have a burnt connector inside, some times a person can take them apart but not always. screw drivers(perferably a junk one) is used to jump the points, sparks can and do fly, but you should of hear the starter kick when you had a connection between these terminal points on the solenoid. if not then the starter may be fried or wiring.

Ouch! did you try jumping the big terminals with the heavy wires? if it was clicking before it may have a burnt connector inside, some times a person can take them apart but not always. screw drivers(perferably a junk one) is used to jump the points, sparks can and do fly, but you should of hear the starter kick when you had a connection between these terminal points on the solenoid. if not then the starter may be fried or wiring.

hey jay. thanks for your help. i gave it a try again. when i put the cable back on and tried to jump it, it didn't go. but as i was pulling it off i heard it kind of fired up on its own. it cranked one time and it stopped. idk???

Well if you got the starter to kick by jumping the solenoid then the solenoid may be at fault. As one person said testing the solenoid, I'd disconnect the heavy wires first then check for continuity on the posts when hitting the starter button, maybe easier if you got allgator clips connected to the posts and meter to check it.