Raptor 250 or blaster?

05blasterkid

Apr 24, 2010
Corning, NY
Alright guys I'm just wondering what you think is a better quad, the raptor 250 or blaster. I mean the raptor took over the blasters spot so im just wondering if its as good or even better. Ive never rode a raptor but i have a blaster and shes got power. The raptor has a better suspension but the blaster has so many aftermarkets. What quad do you think would have the most power? Idc about speed, I just like alot of power.

your on a blaster forum,everyones gonna say blaster if you goto a raptor forum everyone will say raptor, raptor has better suspension but blasters are faster......

Idc about entry level and yea I know I'm on blasterforum but I want honest answers. I just want something with power. Speed doesn't matter to me. The reason I'm asking Is I can get my hands on an 08 250 se if I want it but I'd have to give up the blasty. I just want HONEST answers guys. I do alot of trail riding

bigger bore 4 strokes make better trail quads for someone who isnt pipe happy and clutch happpy, on a 2 stroke, if your a lazy rider and dont feel like shiftin all day and keep her on the pipe get a 300+ 4 stroke and fart around

the blaster has so much more potential than a 250 raptor. the 250 was just an underpowered tank for kids to putt around on. stick with the blaster its an 05 so it already has the good brakes and its still fairly new... just say up and get a pipe and a port job and you will eat an 250 or 350 raptor you come across

get that thing ported bro and no raptor 250 will ever touch it... besides if the top end goes on the blaster its a whole lot cheaper to fix

Really 4cfed? What's so much better about a blaster over a lt250r?

99lrd pretty much answered it for me lol...

dont get me wrong lt250r is a beast, fast, handles good stops good, power from idle to maxed out, liquid cooled, wide, (50'' in the rear) just the fact of ease of finding parts, i call on parts for a blaster most places have stuff in stock, or can have it in 2 days,

i call on parts for my lt250r and there 5-7 days out as everything comes right from suzuki ( if they can even get it)

there has been many blaster vs raptor 250 shootouts. most recent in dirtriders, and they came to the same conclusion as stated here. There is more power to be found in the blaster if you know where ... You'll be constricted on a raptor 250 if you were gonna upgrade id atleast get a 350

a blaster will always be cheaper to rebuild. The rappy 250 has come a long ways and if ya have the coin, a rage built raptor 250 is hard for a 200cc blaster to beat without a serious port job and cylinder like ct or airsal. They are also much easier for lesser experienced riders because they forgive you if you miss a shift. I could have bought either one and I bought a blaster for my son to race.

Blaster produce more power ! with pipe or no pipe.Stock vs Stock the raptor is more confortable for jumps but blaster is more faster and with just a pipe you kill r250 and r350 raptors.