racing fuel or 93?

• Thread starter dans58lightning
  • Start date
D

dans58lightning

i have an 02 blaster w/ vitos 3mm stroker and ss piston. i also have the head milled and the cylinder .40 over and ported. what oct of fuel should i run?

It all depends on how much you had the head milled, they person that milled the head should have told you what octane fuel to run.

the head was milled 1mm. i'll check compression on it and let you know

octane

Do you get pre-detonation with 92 octane pump gas? If so, you need more octane. If not, then you do not need higher octane.

Personally, I would not suggest octane boosters. I also do not like to mix gases to achieve an average of the two's octane. I prefer to run the octane that is required for the application at hand.

Like previously stated, the person/company that performed the mod should have an idea of what octane to run with the mod(s) performed and should have passed this info on to you.

1mm milled is to much? I don't think so, I've milled 0,8mm an the engine ran with the stock cylinder thousands of km with 95 oct. Can't check the compression, have no tool for...
But now I'm a bit more careful with my Trenga and ride only 0,2mm milled B-).

By the way, how much is the gas in each country?
In Germany a gallon 95 oct is for $7; 98 oct is $7,3 and 100 oct is $8

Last edited:
1mm milled is to much? I don't think so, I've milled 0,8mm an the engine ran with the stock cylinder thousands of km with 95 oct. Can't check the compression, have no tool for...
But now I'm a bit more careful with my Trenga and ride only 0,2mm milled B-).

By the way, how much is the gas in each country?
In Germany a gallon 95 oct is for $7; 98 oct is $7,3 and 100 oct is $8

87 is 2.99, 91 is 3.09. 93 is 3.19. 110 oct race fuel I think is around 7 right now. Im not sure what you guys go by but thats by the gallon.