Quick question!

05blasterkid

Apr 24, 2010
Corning, NY
I know this doesn't belong to the engine category but this has the most people in it ad I'm trying to get help asap. One of the people my mom works with has a 99 scrambler 400 4x4 for sale. He says it needs te carb cleaned and a spring for the throttle. Not sure what spring but I guess it doesn't run so I can't hear it run before I get it and could both of these cause it not to run? I can fix the carb myself but where could I get a spring?

Yes it could possibly cause it to not run. Chances are if its been sitting outside the cable is rusted unless he took the spring out and lost it. See if he will let you look the bike over before u putchase. Maybe do a compression check on it and take the carb off and see what's up. Parts can be found on bikebandit, rockymtn. Cheapcycleparts.com.

It wasn't sitting outside it sits in his garage. He wouldn't f me over but I just don't know if maybe something is wrong that he doesn't know.

Even if it dosent run just get your money back plus however much in parts it cost ya to fix and say here ya go I want my moola back. Give him the lets go hand move and tell him to fork your money over.

You looking to buy or help fix it? I always laugh 8-| when I see an add that says only needs carb cleaned :eek:. As easy as it is to do I feel it's an excuse for some other problem, especially if it's a 2 stroke.

As to the spring, which one is it?