Quick question on gearing.

Rotaryblaster

Aug 8, 2010
Hey guys a question i have maxxs 18s on the back should i change my front sprocket to 14t with stock 40t in the rear?oh and if i get a 14t will i need to grind anything? thanks.:)

yeah no need to grind anything for a 14 tooth front. i have 18's in the back with 14-40 gearing and its real nice. has plenty of grunt for the low rpm stuff and the top speed isnt too bad but not fast at all. maybe 45 on a good day without pushing it to its limits.

yeah thats only at about 3/4 of the 6th gear . i dont like to ride at full speed for very long . dont wanna blow up. but on the trails i ride there is rarely any full speed. but with 22 inch tires i can push 55mph.

yeah no need to grind anything for a 14 tooth front. i have 18's in the back with 14-40 gearing and its real nice. has plenty of grunt for the low rpm stuff and the top speed isnt too bad but not fast at all. maybe 45 on a good day without pushing it to its limits.

thats weird...i didnt have to grind anything for my 15t...and the chain never rubbed anything.....???

thats weird...i didnt have to grind anything for my 15t...and the chain never rubbed anything.....???

I put one on my blasty and only had like 1/8" clearance between the chain and the case. i took it off without running it. too close for comfort. I will sacrifice a few mph for the assurance that my chain isn't going to slap the case and put a hole in it.