Question about intake and vforce3reeds

LoneWolfNY

Dec 30, 2008
Long Island NY
I noticed in this photo my intake looks like the one on the right. Do I have the Vito's intake?

Stock_Intake__Vito_Intake on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3320/3173228648_61847cce85.jpg?v=0@@AMEPARAM@@3173228648@@AMEPARAM@@61847cce85

Also my Vforce reed kit came in and it comes with a extra part, that looks llike the thing installed on the reed in this picture.
Blaster_Vforce_3_old on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Do I need to install this part or just the reed, since I guess I have the Vito's intake tube?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
YA install that part it is to direct airflow. and the boot is for a larger carb if u choose the bolt pattern is the same on all cylinders unless u have a 250r intake whivh is larger. and it will only fit correctly one way the off set has to face same angle as carb

So I have the Vito intake tube? Also directions make it sound like you only need to install the extra part if you have a tab on your intake tube that you would need to cut off and then install part. Do I need this extra part installed or not?

i do remember cutting something off of the new reeds. but if it fits together correctly the but may be a stock replacement from vitos.

i do remember cutting something off of the new reeds. but if it fits together correctly the but may be a stock replacement from vitos.

Your right, its a stock replacement. There is a small tab on it. That other part (looks like it directs the air) snaps into the reed cage. Theres no mention of using in the directions. I notice if I install it into the reed cage, the whole thing fits into the stock manifold wtih that small tab cut off.

So I'm going to install the other part into the reed cage and cut the tab off the stock manifold and be done with this. They should go into better detail with there directions!

There are no "extra" parts in the V Force III reed cage kit for th Blaster, if you don't install the "air guide" the reed cage will fall apart! and it'll suck the reeds into the engine!
The bigger intake is a "UPP" intake, I have one on my Blaster for my 34mm Mikuni.
Slice the tab off of your stock intake and install ALL! the parts in the V Force box, if you have the "UPP" intake you will need to open the "air guide" to the ID of the bigger manifold, I took the Dremel tool to mine.

There are no "extra" parts in the V Force III reed cage kit for th Blaster, if you don't install the "air guide" the reed cage will fall apart! and it'll suck the reeds into the engine!
The bigger intake is a "UPP" intake, I have one on my Blaster for my 34mm Mikuni.
Slice the tab off of your stock intake and install ALL! the parts in the V Force box, if you have the "UPP" intake you will need to open the "air guide" to the ID of the bigger manifold, I took the Dremel tool to mine.

THANK YOU! You answered everything to a T. I didn't know if that "air guide" thing was for different applications or standard on all reed cages they sell.