quad hunting begins tomorrow...

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
well, instead of being selfish (getting me a blaster, or better), I'm gonna get my son and the rest of the fam an LT80 or two both non runners ($250ea which I'll get down to like $200ea I'm sure)

one is a 96iirc with an FMF pipe and a spare set of rims/tires and rear axle. the clutch blew so it hasn't been run since apparently, also has new batt, belt and some other stuff they thought they should get I guess...

the second is an 04 it was sitting a long time and just never got it running after. sounds like they tried to rewire it also. it needs a back tire so the other one looks tempting to help fix this problem... I figure it for a fuel clogging is what I'm hoping for.. also happens to need a batt lol

if I get the 96 I may have to replace the shaft the clutch sits on as the dude busted the tooth that the CVT variator sits on.. so.. thinking this one may not be worth fixing the motor lol. so at that point it ain't worth the $250.. but I want the FMF and tire for the 04.. I figure worst case scenario I get them both. fix the 04 and sell the 96 as parts or take my time and try to fix it as well and have 2 LT 80s :D

from my reading the LT80s are 2 stroke and the vids I see sound like it. which is something I'm really interested in and it would match the blaster or banshee I'm hoping to get soon..

I also know where there's a blaster that needs work the guy was asking $400 for... I'm not really a mechanic but when someone tells me it needs a tune up, 1st thing I think of is it needs its pilot jet/carb cleaned LOL... he said it starts up but isn't safe to ride whatever the hell that means.

Ideally, I'd like to get both LT80s and the blaster. but I'm not thinking that will fly with the wife. so I'm gonna try to get both LTs tomorrow possibly and go from there...

If I get the LTs or an LT I'm hoping to get works shocks, port and polish, exhaust, intake, rejet, and maybe some longer travel suspension, oh and oil pump delete and premix at 32/1 since it seems popular here... as well as remove the restrictors in the carb and exhaust if they're there in either quads... will end up blacking it out or paint matching it to my truck..

anyone know if the hubs can be changed to an easier to come by bolt pattern? or is it easy to get wheels for the 3 lug 120mm? I know Douglas got stuff that fits as I read about one guy having them on exriders but that forum is slow and I didn't get my approved resister stuff so I can't post or pm people who seem to know their stuff :mad: any input? I figure garanteed I should be able to make one running atv outta the pair. at which point it would already have an FMF pipe. restrictors removed and tires flipped for wider stance :D

I think I read u can also remove a spacer by the clutch to get it to have better top speed... not sure if that was only for the LTZ90 tho which I think is 4 stroke... so probably different tranny too