pwk33, what jets should I order?

soupnutz

Jul 12, 2010
I've decided to drop a little bit of money on my blaster. I just ordered a pwk33 carb which shows it comes with a 165 main jet, a 52 slow jet, and a 48-cgl needle. I can't find a kit for it so I was going to order some extra jets to change out.

I've searched and can't find much about jetting on this specific carb, most people seem to be using the 28 or 35. From looking at those and comparing mods it looks like the slow jet might be about right, most seem to be using from a 50-55 on those and a 150-160 main jet.

Here are my mods. A Vito's 240 bbk unported. v-force 4 reeds/cage, k&n filter with no lid, fmf fatty pipe and powercore 2 silencer.

I'm sure I'll probably have to go smaller on the main jet but not sure where I should start exactly, any opinions on what jets I should order or know of a place to get a jet kit for it?

What elevation? I would order a 50 pilot, cel needle, and 150-160 main kit. All can be bought on eBay. Start with the 160 and plug chop down.

Went ahead and ordered a few from Jetsrus. Wonder what the quality of the OEM equivalent ones are, they're half the price of the genuine ones, but ordered a 50 slow, and a 145, 150, 155, and 160 main. That should get me close and I'll fine tune it from there if I need to.

I personally don't trust aftermarket carb jets, because they aren't always consistent in orifice size. That said, some are better than others. You bought a good assortment of sizes, though. Is your engine stock inside, or do you have head/port work, or a big bore kit? On a stock top end, you'll probably need a 45 pilot. A 48 is close for a ported stock cylinder. Bbk's will need bigger. But better to start rich and lean it out as you go. Id get a CEL needle while you're ordering carb parts if ya don't already have one.

It's got the vito's 240, which will one day be ported, probably before summer. For now thats it. I just ordered the v-force 4's also and haven't gotten them yet but was reading a few reviews and people were saying they had to up their pilot a little to keep the idle right.

My sons quad has the 200 legal airsal cylinder with pwk33 and the com air box running k&n filter. We have the cylinder ported, use amsoil dominator at 32:1 very near sea level here in central Florida.
He races MX.
Main jet is 145-148 depending on temp change in winter....lol
Pilot jet is 45 year round and just adjust the air screw. The pilot is usually rich which helps in MX when you idle down into a turn it juices the cylinder real good.
I expect a 240 would be between 150-160 and 48-50 pilot.

Thanks for the input guys, those are the ranges I ordered pretty much. Should be getting everything by tuesday. Can't wait to install it all and play around with it.