pvl ignition

I've thought about too. We ran them on mini's where the stators couldn't handle 12,000rpms. The lighter rotor would make it rev real fast, but torque would suffer. Cleaner and hotter spark. The reason I would like to try it is for the cdi. I would assume it would have alot better timing curve than stock, which I don't think it has. So please spend the 450 bucks and let me know lol

I've thought about too. We ran them on mini's where the stators couldn't handle 12,000rpms. The lighter rotor would make it rev real fast, but torque would suffer. Cleaner and hotter spark. The reason I would like to try it is for the cdi. I would assume it would have alot better timing curve than stock, which I don't think it has. So please spend the 450 bucks and let me know lol

So please spend the 450 bucks and let me know lol maybe after the stroker and porting are done,wait, gotta have nerfs, wheels& tires, so it might be awhile!

It's sad but performance ignition for the Blaster is damn hard to find. Even the supposed Hot Shot ignitions you see advertised on ebay really aren't performance at all. The manufacturer (Rick's) states that they don't make a Hot Shot for the Blaster. They are being fraudulently marketed.

I notice that link is for the static timing model. I wonder what the benefits (and price) of a dynamic model would be. Certainly that is the way all the new 4pokes go, and perf ignition for them is a serious upgrade.

a pvl ignition is great if you know how to set the timing....many ppl are fast cut the pvl down because of that. its really not hard at all, you need a dial gauge that screws in the sparkplug hole and then you set it to fire at X degrees before top dead center. i use these ignitions on drag banshees mainly but blasters as well, the light flywheel will let the motor rev to the moon alot quicker/crisper, ive never seen a loss of torque on the dyno or dunes, the only drawback that a blaster rider may have is that you cant run head lights.

a pvl ignition is great if you know how to set the timing....many ppl are fast cut the pvl down because of that. its really not hard at all, you need a dial gauge that screws in the sparkplug hole and then you set it to fire at X degrees before top dead center. i use these ignitions on drag banshees mainly but blasters as well, the light flywheel will let the motor rev to the moon alot quicker/crisper, ive never seen a loss of torque on the dyno or dunes, the only drawback that a blaster rider may have is that you cant run head lights.

Thanks for the info!!!!!

a Nology profire coil lightned flywheel and bumped up adjustable timing plate is just as good IMHOand you get the reliability and ease of using the oem programmed CDI curve and simple plate adjustments to advance the spark and a side benefit is you still retain lighting system ,the pvl is a pain and its pricey .. in the real world is not going to help lower your times on the drag strip or make you edge out an opponent ,its proven most of the fastest record banshees and singles use modifed versions of their factory ignitions not motoplat or PVl rotor systems,the factory cdi has no rev limit your engine is limited to the porting and pipe ,it could hit 20,000+ rpms if it could hold together

a Nology profire coil lightned flywheel and bumped up adjustable timing plate is just as good IMHOand you get the reliability and ease of using the oem programmed CDI curve and simple plate adjustments to advance the spark and a side benefit is you still retain lighting system ,the pvl is a pain and its pricey .. in the real world is not going to help lower your times on the drag strip or make you edge out an opponent ,its proven most of the fastest record banshees and singles use modifed versions of their factory ignitions not motoplat or PVl rotor systems,the factory cdi has no rev limit your engine is limited to the porting and pipe ,it could hit 20,000+ rpms if it could hold together
I completely agree!! the limiting rpm factor on a 2stroke is the pipe, porting and even the carb, NOT the cdi! I love how these guys that sell "rev boxes" for 2strokes feed off uneducated people and crook them of their money! What a joke!

Like flotek said a nology is the way to go, and if you want you can get a adjustable timing plate and fine tune it to where it works for your set up the best.