pros and cons

i think that 2 strokes are alot more fun and they dont sound like farts but 4 strokes are alot more modern and require less maitenance............... no offence tim or anyone else with a four stroke including my self!!

Parts are cheaper for 2 strokes too. My blasty exhaust was $335. The Curtis sparks system on my unlces YFZ 450, like $600... I know they are totaly different but you get my point...

well, for one, 2 strokes produce great power and a top end rush that no four stroke can really replicate. but then again, four strokes have a smooth torque curve which is for the mostpart more user friendly... 2 strokes can burn twice the air/fuel mixture of a 4stroke of the same displacement...2strokes have far less moving interchangable parts which means simpler maintenance...but then again 2strokes lack a dedicated lubrication system which means rebuilds often...4strokes have valvetrain which means a lot of parts that can fail...its a little bit preference, but me, i will take a 2stroke... theres always compromises.

Parts are cheaper for 2 strokes too. My blasty exhaust was $335. The Curtis sparks system on my unlces YFZ 450, like $600... I know they are totaly different but you get my point...

my toomeys were $719.63 shipped...thats more then any 4 stroke pipe i have seen...

^^^fer the "new fmf" pipes fer the crf250 are over $1100...thats crazy...but BD27, i gave you alot more rep then i wanted to...lol...its watever though...

2 strokes stink and are mad loud..but those are just 2 negatives..
pros- they put out alot more power, and are just alot of fun

4strokes are quiet, you dont have to rebuild the head every 5 minutes
but they put out less power and if something breaks it is more expensive..

thats just a bunch of random sh*t i thought of

2 strokes stink and are mad loud..but those are just 2 negatives..
pros- they put out alot more power, and are just alot of fun

4strokes are quiet, you dont have to rebuild the head every 5 minutes
but they put out less power and if something breaks it is more expensive..

thats just a bunch of random sh*t i thought of

Well 4strokes are louder, 2strokes just make a ton of nosie. My stock mojave was way louder than my piped blaster. next time your on a trail with a 4stroke thats piped witch one do you hear? your 2stroke? or the overpowering sound of the 4stroke? The tone is mellower true... but way louder.

And who could not like the smell of a smoker??? thats half the fun!

2strokes

P: light and quick
C: carb tuning is very important to performance

4 strokes

P: lots of hp but have good torque
C: heavy and big

Well 4strokes are louder, 2strokes just make a ton of nosie. My stock mojave was way louder than my piped blaster. next time your on a trail with a 4stroke thats piped witch one do you hear? your 2stroke? or the overpowering sound of the 4stroke? The tone is mellower true... but way louder.

And who could not like the smell of a smoker??? thats half the fun!

well i have never riden a 4stroke sport quad or really been around one, hell the blaster is the first manual quad ive riden in the 20 years of my life lol..
i have riden tons of other atvs though..grizzlys, rhinos, polaris ranger, 1985 suzuki alt 185(trike) honda atc 200 (another trike) both of the trikes are 5 speed but no clutch, kawasaki praire, polaris trailboss 250 (prob the closest thing, although auto..2 stroke and tons of fun) and numerous snow mobiles

well you get the idea but yeah the smell gets to me sometimes

im with you they are just missing something.
Agreed......... nothings funner then a rev happy 125 or a big bore 500 + monster.

4strokes make good beaters and 4x4's because of torque and builletproofness ( is that a word? lmao I:I ) our 00' foreman has 5022 miles and 5598 hours, plows snow all winter and still runs like new. Just change the oil every few hours and spark plug once a year and they last forever............ I cant say the same for these new high reving 250's and 450's though.....