proper jeting ?

FSH4FUN

Sep 20, 2010
New Hampshire
When I got my bike the air box lid was off how do I tell if its properly jetted? It's the stock carburetor seams to run ok just wanna cross all my t's .thank-you in advance

you need to do a plug chop to verify that you are correct. if you take the carb off, and take off the bowl, the hex jet inside should be about 240-250 for taking the lid off and a good filter (like a uni!)

yeah take the plug out and look at it. if its brown your perfect, if its black but runs good you are a little rich and good to ride. if its grey you need to rip that carb apart and check what jet is in it. grey = explosion waiting to happen

make sure the needle is in the 3rd clip if u are at a reasonable elevation, if its high i think you go to the 2nd clip, pilot shoud be the same and the airscrew from 1.5 to 2 turns out

This might be stupid question but o well the needle is the one that is connected to the tors box on top right? Sorry I still new to engine work can take apart and put together but not know much more than that lol