project: were sorry

stator sold. paddles are on ebay they have 2 days left. front fenders and rear shock are on ebay too.

polished the throttle cover completely, along with the levers. sand blasting the front rims/carrier/caliper/bar clamps/hubs, that way i can start at a high grit when polishing them out. then it wont be so labor intensive.

stator sold. paddles are on ebay they have 2 days left. front fenders and rear shock are on ebay too.

polished the throttle cover completely, along with the levers. sand blasting the front rims/carrier/caliper/bar clamps/hubs, that way i can start at a high grit when polishing them out. then it wont be so labor intensive.

Sweet ^ , I've Been Sanding and Polishing on a few parts myself , I'm Going To Be Polishing My Cyl head, Throttle cover, Perch mounts as my Perches are red , Did most of my Clutch side cover , Since I have 3 of them I'm thinking of Polishing a Complete one to sell on here along with maybe a Stock cyl Head but Idk yet It's allot of work sanding and polishing haha

I have the Black Paint or Whatever It Is Mostly off the Head , Have to find a Way To Get in All The Creases And what Not , but its Coming Along With only about an hour of work on the head itself , The Side cover I used my Dremel with a Stainless Steel Brush to Remove the Black off the Clutch Side Cover , It Looks Pretty good With Only About an hour of Total Work in it , Will Snag Pics of all in about an hour or so

i like to wrap sandpaper around old 1/4 round bar or plastic clothes hangers. to get down in places. or just have it sand blasted, starting at an aluminum oxide mix to remove all the main paint, then switching to a pure silica sand to smooth things out and save time with 1000-2000grit wet sanding.
i think a all polished motor would run a tad cooler than a stock motor, because there isnt any paint there keeping heat in. think nitromethane r/c cars, if the heads on those little motors are colored. they have been anodized, not painted.

i never did understand why yamaha painted the jug and dome on the blaster, when its an air cooled motor.

I was thinking the same with an all Polished motor ,Should Run Somewhat cooler , Its Just something to try since I have 3 of Almost everything , I Added pics to my pics thread too !

Haha well thanks I guess haha , I Think i will be selling all of my motor parts here soon , I Also have twist throttle kit for stock carb to sell that I won't use , Btw I Don't think I can Buy Your Motor Unless I wait a Few week

no hurry, its still in the bike. i am a little excited though. i may have found a donor for a motor, i just gota come up with the $300 to get it. 340cc's twin cyl 2stroke watercooled polaris xls runs great.

got a set of protaper bars on trade. i really like them, there the pastrana mx/race atv contour 1 1/8 bars, in wrinkle black. they have a great feel to them, nice and wide to give more leverage. plus theres room for gauges once i finish my swap.

yeah, but i think im going to hold out and wait till i find either a newer sportbike 250cc, or a compact 4 cyl from a 80s-90s road bike. something between 400 and 600cc.
im also interested in the 80-90s honda 600r dirtbikes, but there hard to find.

id like to just grab the 340 twin cyl 2stroke, from the sled im looking at. but im worried i wont have good power off the line. and i wont like it being automatic, i like shifting and being able to control the engine with the clutch.

well this phase of the quad and this thread is done. ive decided on a ninja 250r swap. new thread soon for teardown, swap and paint.

different colors with the same 2 tone. metallic bronze frame-arrival blue/metallic bronze pin stripe/gunmetal.

all chassis/suspension mods will stay the same, with a few tweaks. no heelguards/double pegs or yfz450s guards. an aluminum front bumper, thinking dg or protaper. custom seat cover to match paint work.

Last edited:
cant find a good donor bike for a swap right now, i threw it on craigslist as a full quad+parts for a stupid low price(CHECK IT OUT http://lincoln.craigslist.org/mcy/3189944369.html). but ive been thinking of parting out on here instead, if there is enough people seriously interested.
its a 2001 with title and key, fully legit.

id like to buy a 50-125cc dirtbike for my son with the proceeds, would also be interested in trading many parts or whole quad for a 2002+ 50-125cc kaw,ktm,suz,yam,hon dirtbike.
quad is still sitting whole as of now. everything on the quad and the spare parts for sale. PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING, SHIPPING IS PAYED UP FRONT BY BUYER, unless other agreement made.

PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE, just ask.
DSCF1696.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

DSCF1667.jpg

DSCF1666.jpg

Last edited:
AMS sidewinder sandpaddles on honda 8x10 steel rims 4x130/4x100 patern, 1 ride/10 miles on them. $75-or $90 and they come with honda 4x100 hubs that fit a blaster spline.
DSCF1698.jpg

DSCF1697.jpg

Protaper contour bars, atv race bend, wrinkle black. good condition $50
DSCF1661-1.jpg

DSCF1662-1.jpg

Last edited:
2001 front and rear fenders, white in color, no bends or cracks $50
DSCF1665-1.jpg

0622121504a.jpg

showa rear shock, 4 preload settings, adj.coilover, rezzie. no leaks $40
0622121504.jpg

Last edited: