Project Black & Orange

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
Well here the build comes it is just gonna be paint for now. I know guys go before show it just that I am already gonna be tearing into it and a friends dad is a painter and is painting autozone orange so ill get it for free painted and all. Heres some before pics and a roller.
0801112146a_01.jpg

0801112146_01.jpg

Heres a thread on what colors I should go with help me out!
http://www.blasterforum.com/miscellaneous-16/build-thread-what-colors-41617/#post520515

re: Project Black & Orange

Well sorry for the lack of pics but desasembly clean and paint prep aint easy when you get bored fast lol. I havent bought anything yet but i gave my friends dad the
bottom a arms
rear caliper bracket
front/rear hubs
frame
and a couple other small things he said he was gonna give me the left over paint and a gun if i need it. The paint he is using is stuff from his business they are painting a autozone, he said it is REALLY expensive but its free to me lol.

Plans on getting are and links heres links
ac front bumper
fresh topend
if i can find use body and a arms skids aluminum
Yamaha Blaster YFS200 Seat Cover NEW! 20 Colors ATV | eBay orange/black seat cover
HAND GRIPS YAMAHA KODIAK BLASTER RAPTOR - eBay (item 260820754074 end time Aug-18-11 04:28:33 PDT) bad ass grips
YFZ 450 YFZ 450R BANSHEE BLASTER BRAKE LINE CLAMPS sil | eBay brake lin holder
Quick Adjust Billet Clutch Lever Perch YZ CR KX YZ TRX | eBay ez pull lever
Renthal 10" Crossbar Bar Pad Orange SX XC XCW SXF EXC | eBay orange/black renthal bar pad
POWERMADD HANDGUARDS MX ATV SNOWMOBILE ORANGE / BLACK | eBay powermad orange/black hand guards
Folding Shift Lever Yamaha Blaster 200 1988?2006 | eBay tusk shifter

I do this and by the time im done my 2nd blaster will be complete and running hopefully sold and then extended swinger/hydro brakes/port,head,crank mods just not sure yet.

Also i know im not even doing any motor mods its just that it needed tore down anyway and i figured id just make it look good and i could get it painted for free so im game lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
re: Project Black & Orange

Well done a lil work takes alot longer then i would of thought lol. Man even rattle cans are expensive 4$ for the cheap ones.

heres the steering stem in primer idk why it turned out like this.
Photo1078.jpg

still taped off but man do i love that aluminum color that pic dont do it justice i really like it.
Photo1076.jpg

reflection off the frame guards that i polished
Photo0622.jpg

Photo1072.jpg

Photo0620.jpg

Photo1073.jpg

i can go fast without a motor
Photo0619.jpg

Last edited:
wat shocks and a arms are u goin 2 use

stock painted! wish i had money for more but dont. The furthest im gonna go with shocks is works front and long travel rear witha 400ex shock.

got a few things painted and the 2nd blaster is about ready to selll as soon as it does that means the motor will be out and shipped off.

Well i ordered
Grips HAND GRIPS YAMAHA KODIAK BLASTER RAPTOR - eBay (item 260820754074 end time Aug-18-11 04:28:33 PDT)
Renthal bar pad Renthal 10" Crossbar Bar Pad Orange SX XC XCW SXF EXC | eBay
ac front bumper
gasket kit
fresh bore topend with piston from Awk!
Tommorrrow im getting a tusk shifter,seat cover,ez pull lever,another gasket kit.

Heres a pic of some cool stuff lol ac bumper should be here soon and will be added so will a aluminum grab bar when i buy the metal and make it.
Photo0627.jpg

A-arms getting painted
Photo0625.jpg

I can figure it out but what is up with my clear coat i bought 2 brands and both do this. The type of paint is krylon and the clear coat is also it turned it almost yellow.
Photo0624.jpg

So i bought some off brand stuff and it dids this.
Photo0623.jpg

The second blaster is wating on gaskets then will be sold and then the motor will be done.
Photo0626.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good
The tusk shifter is nicer than I thought it would be. I wasn't sure on how the whole folding thing worked. I didn't realize that its more like spring loaded so that the end will fold back instead of bending or breaking.

thanks, whats up i have pics but no comments? i know there not the most interesting or the best but theres lots of them.

And i need help with the clear coat. I use the clear coat recomended on the back of the krylon can and it turns it a way diff color almost white? It works on what ever paint is on the stock floor boards i think its rattle can also but what ever i spray nothing wont work.

woop woop got my frame back

pic from the painter
080901_165300.jpg

pic from me looks like sh*t on my phone closer to the other one.
Photo-0010-1.jpg

more in a few

haha, Well i got alot of things ordered and amost everything painted or almost painted so should be pretty dang close to being put back together but will be the end of the weeekend tho since i gotta put together the second blaster.

More pics will come i have like one of the piles of parts frome 2 blasters.

Got my 32$ ac racing bumper and it has a huge crack in it and is in really rough shape. I contacted the seller and they said they would send me 10$ back ill just alumi-weld it.
Heres the crack
Photo-0010-1-1.jpg

I just set it on there with 1 bolt I think it looks Killer
Photo-0012-1.jpg

Photo-0011-1.jpg

Well i had alot of sandin to do so i sanded for hours and prob went through a few mm in metel in places lol. Heres it partially polished. Still got some sanding to do.
Photo-0013-1.jpg