Prime's build

Well, I don't know how, but somehow parcel post managed to get a package from NC to NY in a day and a half. This package had my a-arms from sicivicdude in it!

These things are AWESOME

I don't have any "new" pics of them, but I will get some when I mount them.
I had to order delron bushings, because I don't have any. :facepalm:

On another note, I will be putting up a couple pics later of the little work I did today. I took 250x's advice and polished the shifter lever, and also polished the brake lever. I attempted to polish the kicker lever, but it is very hard to polish old, pitted metal.

Did a quick mockup of the front end. I couldn't resist.

And, as promised, the shifter lever.

------

If you are wondering (as was I) the width of both the front and rear, I got rough measurements, but they are close. Both measurements were outside of the tire to the outside of the tire.

Rear end- 46 inches

Front end- 47 inches

For comparison, The factory widths on a banshee (measurements taken from my father's stock suspension shee)

Rear end- 46 inches

Front end- 45 inches

Also found out today that I have to pull the motor and split the cases. My crankshaft is hitting the case. :(

Looks like I'm going to need a new set of gaskets.

Pay extra close attention to the repair area while you're looking at where it's hitting. I didn't have a spare vito's +3 in order to check the round so I did it by measuring the circumference of the crank case and grinding until it was round. Hasn't been the first time that I could have made a mistake though....

BTW a-arms look bitching! I can tell, just from looking at the pics that those shocks are going to be a little "light" sprung. Shouldn't be TOO bad considering you don't weight as much as say..... I do! LOL.

Also found out today that I have to pull the motor and split the cases. My crankshaft is hitting the case. :(

Looks like I'm going to need a new set of gaskets.

That SUCKS! But it gives me time to catch up on my build! I:I

Looking GREAT Prime! Those SCD Arms are just outstanding. Can't WAIT to get a set of my own

Also, while you're playing around out there, check the interference between those works shocks springs and the upper control arms. Make sure that the front upper tubes go far enough forward to clear the spring all the way through the suspension cycle. Also, just for giggles stick a rim on there and make sure that neither the lower or upper are too far back or forward for the rims to hit the arms as they travel. Shouldn't have any issues like Cole454 did (as the upper ball joint has been changed) but I want to make sure before you get ready to ride it and you can't turn around because the rim is hitting somewhere!

Pay extra close attention to the repair area while you're looking at where it's hitting. I didn't have a spare vito's +3 in order to check the round so I did it by measuring the circumference of the crank case and grinding until it was round. Hasn't been the first time that I could have made a mistake though....

BTW a-arms look bitching! I can tell, just from looking at the pics that those shocks are going to be a little "light" sprung. Shouldn't be TOO bad considering you don't weight as much as say..... I do! LOL.

I plan on pulling the motor and splitting the cases tomorrow after work. Hopefully I will be able to figure out exactly where the crank is hitting so I can get it filed down and the bottom end back together tomorrow.

That SUCKS! But it gives me time to catch up on my build! I:I

Looking GREAT Prime! Those SCD Arms are just outstanding. Can't WAIT to get a set of my own

Yeah, unfortunately this is just one of those speed bumps.

You won't be disappointed when you do get them.

Also, while you're playing around out there, check the interference between those works shocks springs and the upper control arms. Make sure that the front upper tubes go far enough forward to clear the spring all the way through the suspension cycle. Also, just for giggles stick a rim on there and make sure that neither the lower or upper are too far back or forward for the rims to hit the arms as they travel. Shouldn't have any issues like Cole454 did (as the upper ball joint has been changed) but I want to make sure before you get ready to ride it and you can't turn around because the rim is hitting somewhere!

Already checked. There is no interference between the rim and the arm, at least for how far the steering stem could turn them. I have the spindles free (only on the arms) so I can turn the wheels pretty much 90* in either direction from their "straight" point. Good job civic.

nice work AJ...polished ;evers should clean it up nicely. The kickers ARE a PITA to polish, I always just end up Powdercoating them a nice black or someting..lol I had almost 2 hours in to a buffing step and said piss on it..lol takes way to long

nice work AJ...polished ;evers should clean it up nicely. The kickers ARE a PITA to polish, I always just end up Powdercoating them a nice black or someting..lol I had almost 2 hours in to a buffing step and said piss on it..lol takes way to long

I had 45 minutes into mine before I gave up. You don't even want to see what it looks like. The high spots are fine but the pits make it ugly.

Reactions: Triple_B
I had 45 minutes into mine before I gave up. You don't even want to see what it looks like. The high spots are fine but the pits make it ugly.

You'd have to sand the kicker "dimples" smooth before attempting to polish or you'll chase those dimples until you're blue in the face and it'll STILL be uglyish.