Price for a top end rebuild

Connorfab

Apr 14, 2012
Hey, I have a 1995 yamaha blather that blew today. How much would it cost to get someone to rebuild it. What is the possibility that it needs to be bored

Pop the head and cylinder off the assess the damage. Also give Ken oconnor racing a call and ask him his rates. Usually it costs about $200 for a top end rebuild

Could be $300- small mortage- all depends what happen. Did the piston blow apart and score the cylinder, take out the main bearings? break the cases at all/ More info is needed Pics would help considerably!

I have no clue how to work on engines.. I'll just mess something up. I was just wondering an estimate for someone to do it.. Thank you though

You can ether check around for local repair shops but make sure they know what they are doing when it comes to 2 strokes or you can send it to Ken O'Conner for his magic hand to fix.

I have no clue how to work on engines.. I'll just mess something up. I was just wondering an estimate for someone to do it.. Thank you though

Call ken oconnor racing and then send it off to him and forget about it!It will come back 10 x's as good as new!

Ken goes above and beyond for his customers and i promise you wont get the same quality or service anywhere else for the same amount of money or if at all!

After getting it back from him if you ever have a question or concern the guy then goes out of his way to resolve it same goes for future mods.

Seriously if you arent mechanically inclined and thats cool if you arent give ken a call i promise you wont be disappointed 860-230-5003 before doing so take all your previous customer service experiences and throw them away this guys awesome and a hell of a nice guy!

Call ken oconnor racing and then send it off to him and forget about it!It will come back 10 x's as good as new!

Ken goes above and beyond for his customers and i promise you wont get the same quality or service anywhere else for the same amount of money or if at all!

After getting it back from him if you ever have a question or concern the guy then goes out of his way to resolve it same goes for future mods.

Seriously if you arent mechanically inclined and thats cool if you arent give ken a call i promise you wont be disappointed 860-230-5003 before doing so take all your previous customer service experiences and throw them away this guys awesome and a hell of a nice guy!

1000% agree. Ken is a super great builder and super cool guy. I:I

How would you even send it to him? Would I have to pull the engine? I don't even know how to do that.

id recommend askin a local shop. they will help ya out. hell any good automotive gaurage could prolly install it

SHOP AROUND

pistons are cheap $200-300 is deff full price i buy my wisco pistons with rings for like 80-100 bucks. buy the proper one u need, take it and ur cylinder to any machine shop to get matched up (anywhere between $50 to 75 sounds far). easy stuff hardest part is getting someone to install it. its about an hour or 2 of labour

thats if u just blow the topend if u havent pulled it apart yet you dono what happend in there

pistons are cheap on ebay. buy the proper one u need, take it and ur cylinder to any machine shop to get matched up. easy stuff hardest part is getting someone to install it. its about an hour or 2 or labour

Nah not if you seen the work that most shops do to 2 stroke stuff atleast arond here.

Its a little different than boring a sbf/sbc.

For my coin id rather have peace of mind knowing ken did it than some lackey at a machine shop counting down til beer thirty

Ken is one of few that take pride in his work and to me thats worth paying for!

This http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual-17325/ or a Clymers manual will be your best friend. Unless you have money dripping from your a$$, you will need it. You can't just gas and go with these, you have to perform a certain amount of maintenance. :eek:

As mentioned, only three bolts, remove carb and exhaust, drain oil, place in cooler and ship it to Ken. I:I

If you were near someone it's only a six pack job to pull it. I don't drink so it would cost a can of Folgers dark roast :D

Finding a local shop capable might be an iffy deal.

Nah not if you seen the work that most shops do to 2 stroke stuff atleast arond here.

Its a little different than boring a sbf/sbc.

For my coin id rather have peace of mind knowing ken did it than some lackey at a machine shop counting down til beer thirty

Ken is one of few that take pride in his work and to me thats worth paying for!

true that!! good work is hard to come by

Bringing it to someone tmrw for 260 and that includes all the parts for the top end... Sounds like a good price?

about a moderate price. to have it bored betweern $55-80 new piston any where from $85-140 the lowend price is from looking on ebay the high price is through a dealer. to have someone assemble it varries from $50-120 so low price totaled up is $190-340.
But since I know how to do it it'd cost me $75 to bore it out and $85 for the piston and such so $160 ish if I did it myself.

Here's a top end set with Wiseco piston for $105, complete with gaskets and bearing YAMAHA BLASTER 040 WISECO PISTON KIT + TOP END GASKETS | eBay . Pulling a Blasters head and cylinder is as easy as it gets as far as engine rebuilding. It's something you should do if you are going to own one. As far a a bore, if needed, find someone who's work is know for 2 strokes. I'm to the point that I don't want anyone local to do mine. For me to send one the KOR and have it bored it's going to cost around $80. Locally I can have one bored for $35 but the best shop around did one for me and didn't chamfer the ports and now I know that is a must. Where are you located? You might be close to a member who is willing to help you do the labor. I'm in north east Tennessee, I'd be glad to help.

Last edited by a moderator: