Pre-Mix calculations

i dont usualy bother with any of this ratio balls i just put 125mil to a full little can.

Thanks for the reply! Man you got some money tied up in your ride..Im hoping to get mine there to but will take some time..Good stuff!!

the more oil you put into your mixtur the leaner it will get, did you even check the jetting after the first time your piston melted, or it was already showing extreme sighns of running lean before it melted

the more oil you put into your mixtur the leaner it will get, did you even check the jetting after the first time your piston melted, or it was already showing extreme sighns of running lean before it melted

^^^^^WTF????^^^^^ More oil is going to make it richer. and yes 25:1 is to much oil.

hi i premix my petrol 33-1 i was told to mix it 32-1 but that worked out as to little according to some websites

the only downside is that you go through sparkplugs quicker :(

If your using a good synthetic oil 32:1 is about perfect.

If your fouling plugs its not the mix its your jetting.

There is no benifit to running a 40:1 mix.

The fact is if you have 2 identical machines and run one at 40:1 and the other at 28:1 the 28:1 mixture will actualy increase horse power.

as for melting your piston thats definatly a jetting problem most people playing around with 2 strokes pick up enough info to dial in there main jet close enough

but alot of people forget about the needle jet specialy when changing to a bigger carb you coudl be perfect at full throttle but leaned out bad at half

yes, more oil in your mixture will make your engine run leaner. Since you are putting more oil in and less gas. Ex. so at your 32 to 1 mix you have 5 parts gas and 3 parts oil (im making up numbers here). Then if you mix it 20 to 1 you have 3 parts gas and 5 parts oil inva given volume going thorugh the same size jet. So your engine is now running leaner.