Power washing?

Regg1000

May 15, 2020
Hello Blaster Community,

I would like to power wash my bike. I have a 1900 PSI power washer. The bike is filthy and was neglected. But when I washed it before with my regular garden hose some water or dirt got into the carburetor and the bike wouldn’t move kicked into gear, I cleaned it and was it good. The bike has a lot of grime and dirt that I want off.

How do you clean these blasters throughly without getting dirt or water in the carburetor? What degreasers do you all use? Please let me know.

Hello Blaster Community,

I would like to power wash my bike. I have a 1900 PSI power washer. The bike is filthy and was neglected. But when I washed it before with my regular garden hose some water or dirt got into the carburetor and the bike wouldn’t move kicked into gear, I cleaned it and was it good. The bike has a lot of grime and dirt that I want off.

How do you clean these blasters throughly without getting dirt or water in the carburetor? What degreasers do you all use? Please let me know.
Dont you have an air box.? Or just a filter on the carb? Buy a but plug for silencer and wash bike staying away from directly spaying back of carb or under seat where you might get water in the air box

Dont you have an air box.? Or just a filter on the carb? Buy a but plug for silencer and wash bike staying away from directly spaying back of carb or under seat where you might get water in the air box

yes I have an air box, but the last time I used a garden hose, water got into it. I’m
using the power washer on the bottom of the bike where all the grime is. I’ll get a plug and hopefully is should work.

yes I have an air box, but the last time I used a garden hose, water got into it. I’m
using the power washer on the bottom of the bike where all the grime is. I’ll get a plug and hopefully is should work.
Just don't concentrate the stream. Between seat and fender. Or tip of silencer. Pressure clean mine after every ride.stick plug in exhaust and hit it. Just don't forget to take plug out when you go to start it:D

If you have a bunch of leaky seals on the suspension it’s common for this grease to build up and collect dirt making it turn into basically concrete. I have ran into this many of times on customers bikes. I learned a long time ago that if a pressure washer is needed to clean then a pressure washer most likely would not work but rather just push the grime around. I would take some plastic wrap that you can pick up at lowe’s and or Home Depot and roll it out then push the quad on it, I would the use kerosene or diesel with a stiff long bristled brush and dab all of the nasty tough bits. After this I would use a product called totally Awesome, you can get this at basically all dollar stores and it will finish it right up. Just use some Dawn dish soap or other soap to clean up the smell afterwards. Try and keep a majority of the fuel on the plastic and be careful when rolling it up not to spill any.

I hope this info here helps a lot of people out because I always get the question from my customers (HOW did you get it that clean?) and I tell them and there shocked. Good luck and let us know how everything goes.