possibly buying another one

1252smoke

Sep 27, 2009
west virginia
Looking at a 1998 blaster that has frame damage.
The thing is the damage is right at the vin making the vin unreadable.
The seller had no problems righting a bill of sale seem pretty honest the engine had the proper numbers on it. Tag under the seat still there.
Would you have any problems buying it for $500.00??

Frame is not all that bad front tire is flat and allmost appers to have slide sidways in to a rock or somthing. Frame tube on the botom left side is pushed in 3/8 of a inch wheel base is less than a 2mm off, handle bars a bent drives strate runs good. Thought for that price I mite just cut out the bad tube and tig weld a new one. But the vin alarmed me a bit though.

For $500, why not? Oh, and as far as the VIN goes... just don't get caught!!! XD
Also, if it's unreadable/gone... they can't trace it anyway!

id go for it, ya have a bill of sale, then keep an eye out on here or ebay and find ya a good frame with a title, then swap it out, you'll be good to go
i've been thinkin of doing the frame with title swap myself, i'm gettin way too much money into this to have it impounded and not be able to get it back for lack of title

Last edited:
id go for it, ya have a bill of sale, then keep an eye out on here or ebay and find ya a good frame with a title, then swap it out, you'll be good to go
i've been thinkin of doing the frame with title swap myself, i'm gettin way too much money into this to have it impounded and not be able to get it back for lack of title

thats what im thinkin about doing with me shee. im a lil scared to run the vin through the DNR i dont wanna lose it after i did all this work to get it running. besides id rather have a A arm frame then the j arm frame anyways.

well it pretty much confirmed to me any way. Went and picked it up this afternoon the guys friend was there, (the one that wrecked it) he had a broken arm and bruised ribs to prove it. He had lost it on a gravel road ended up in a dried up creek bed.

Never let your friends on your blaster. This guy found out the hard way.
Only has maybe 10 hours on the motor had all the receipts from that done at a Yamaha shop.

got my blaster for 900$ so try to talk him down because mine is pretty sick.i will post pics when i fix the a-arms,, fed ex sucks

I would go for it that is a real good price. Ya not haveing a vin does kinda of suck but its a $500 Blaster have fun with it.