Blaster for parts or whole

Stanimal

Jun 21, 2011
Jerz
Hows it going everyone? I know im supposed to have xxx number of posts to make a sale on this site, but i have lurked around for a few years now even before making a account, and i wanted to offer this before i try to sell it locally due to the fact i have learned a lot from reading your posts and hope someone here could be interested in my quad. You all have helped me a lot and if i can help someone here id like to. If its in the wrong section, im sorry just dont know where to list it without donating.

I am asking $2200 as is, and will consider delivering a few hundred miles depending on where its going and if the buyer shares some gas expenses. I will also part it out, if i can get to $1500 in sales before i strip it and buyers pay shipping expenses which will be shipped usps. I dont want to sell just the axle or wheels ect then be stuck with a not whole bike. Im very negotiable on prices so if your interested post what you want and ill pm you a price. Sorry for such a long post just trying to be thorough. Email me at Stanimalsrt10@hotmail.com and ill be happy to send some pics over. If the forum doesnt want me here selling, i understand. Ive seen other people post for sale and get steamrolled for it lol. Id be happy to donate if i had the funds, but currently its not possible

1998 Yamaha Blaster
Engine rebuild in june with under 6 hours run time, barely broken in and hasnt been riden hard yet. In the rebuild they did:
New crank and rod
New weisco piston, rings and fresh bore, builder says theres one bore left on the cyl
New Bearnings and seals
New gaskets
New left side case, old was cracked from previous owner and repaired poorly
New shift shaft
Carb completely cleaned and new jets and gaskets installed.
Total expense was a little over $900 for rebuild

Other parts bought and installed summer/fall of 2011 include:
ASR 3+1 front arms and tie rods
RPM Dominator +3 & +7 adjustable axle
Brand new ITP T9 banshee +3 offset rear wheels with brand new maxxis razr2 tires, still have most nubs.
New heavy duty o ring chain and sprockets, stock rear gearing think its a 40? and 14t front.
New front bearings and brake shoes, new rear brake pads and vitos shorty cable (rear brakes are 100% working, never stick)
Used banshee front shocks

Other parts that were previously on it:
FmF fatty pipe and powercore II silencer
DG nerf bars
Renthal bars
Twist throttle
Mikuni flatslide carb (not sure of size, but belie ve its a 34mm)
K&N filter and air box lid removal
Tors eliminated
Oil mix blocked off, must premix gas
ITP T9 front banshee offset wheels, with ITP Holeshot tires. 50% tread left

Im sure there is a lot im forgetting. Plastics are in good shape, rear are mildly cut and fronts are best stock white plastics ive ever seen, and fronts are uncut. Bike is white with black gas tank and grill, with a blue faded seat that has a tear. I wanted to find a stock black replacement and never got to it. All in all its a great all around quad, smooth on the trails and stable at speeds. Runs great and rode it for 3 years before it needed a rebuild. Im not hard on it, and it has treated me well. Getting older, and could use the money more then the quad. I have owned this quad since 2003, and the previous owner was middle aged and was original owner. The flaws of the bike are as listed :
Seat is blue and has a tear.
Could use steering stem bushings, but not so bad it effects riding.
Stock swingarm on it and has a crack in a odd place, doesnt effect its strength a lot from where it is.
Minor suface rust on frame from age, nothing major or structuraly unsafe. Frame is straight never wrecked hard.
NO TITLE. Previous owner could not find it, wrote me a bill of sale. In NJ titles arent required like some states as in Ohio, so i never bothered finding out what to do to get one. I will be more then happy to write a bill of sale if it helps.

Attachments

• 0627111820.jpg
    0627111820.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 0627111821.jpg
    0627111821.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 0621111857.jpg
    0621111857.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 115
Ill get you pictures and you can make a offer in pm. Like i said, if i can get enough out of it in parts people want ill strip it, otherwise i wont sell just a few items. What i would like to do is get most parts confirmed then strip and ship in a day. Im pretty sure the axle and front arms will sell quick, but not sure the other stuff.