Porting,polished and head milled

2004 YFS200

May 6, 2008
Saugus, MA
could someone tell me how much it would cost to to get my head milled to 030 and and ported and polished. also if someone could tell me where a good place to send it to where they do a good job and you have had no problems with them and close by to me i live in massachusetts. after i have this done will i have to use race gas?

I just found this on project blaster is this a good deal

Diamond Racing 200cc National Cylinder:
Diamond Racing 200cc National Cylinder Porting $555

You must give us your cylinder, and we will have it ported and polished, have the head decked, and increase the compression. It includes a Wiseco Piston.

or should i buy a 240 big bore kit?

Last edited:
There were a lot of guys that we did motors that ran in the NEATV series.

Rookie, Gerring and Maslack just to name three. These guys can back up the performance and reliability that Diamond and Project Blaster can do.

could someone tell me how much it would cost to to get my head milled to 030 and and ported and polished. also if someone could tell me where a good place to send it to where they do a good job and you have had no problems with them and close by to me i live in massachusetts. after i have this done will i have to use race gas?

I just found this on project blaster is this a good deal

Diamond Racing 200cc National Cylinder:
Diamond Racing 200cc National Cylinder Porting $555

You must give us your cylinder, and we will have it ported and polished, have the head decked, and increase the compression. It includes a Wiseco Piston.

or should i buy a 240 big bore kit?

that isn't that bad of a deal... Diamond Racing has always been really good for me, i've never had a problem with them... if i were you, and you were looking that it would be okay to run race gas, buy either the firebreather 200 or 240cc heads, they come with wicked porting straight out of the box, if you were choosing not to run ras gas either go with the Airsal 200cc with mild porting or the Airsal 240 head with mild porting (both are fine for 93 oct)

and for head milling.. it reallly depends on where you take it... i can take it to my local shop and pay 80 or i could take it to a shop 20 miles down the road and pay 30-40... all depends on who does it..

ok i norrowed it down to the Airsal 240cc Cylinder Kit and the Diamond Racing 200cc National Cylinder Porting which one would give me more speed.

well the porting on your current setup would be faster than the 240 withought porting... but if u get the 240 and port it ull have one sick quad

depends... i run 112 octane and i get it from a local dealer for about 10 bucks a gallon

You can get the firebreathers that run pump gas. The cylinders will be ported the same , just the compression will be a little lower.

The post that the 240 will be slower than the the stock cylinder that is ported isn't exactly true. The porting will help but unless something is done with the compression you won't gain much.

The Airsal come with a totally different port style than the stock version. That alone makes this cylinder light years ahead of the stock.

Flotek will mill your head for $40 and port your jug for $150.
They have done all my motor work and they know some good tricks for Blaster 200's too. They are but few that will do a Blaster triple exhaust port.

flotekperformance - Home

Last edited by a moderator:
so what should i do just send my stuff in to get my head milled to 030 and the cylinder ported and polished

Well whoever you go with, yes. Ship your head and jug out. When it comes back have it bored and drop a new piston in.
Most places would rather port just before you need a new piston/rings.

I have a guy here in spokane that will mill your head for 35 bucks and a 100 to port and polish. Both guys did mine and all i can say is HOLLY sh*t!!! There both very well known. I also have to use 114 octane. Let me know if i can help out.

Reactions: Blaster-kenny
I have a guy here in spokane that will mill your head for 35 bucks and a 100 to port and polish. Both guys did mine and all i can say is HOLLY sh*t!!! There both very well known. I also have to use 114 octane. Let me know if i can help out.

hey I live in the Spokane area and I am looking to get porting done on my blaster can you help point me in the rite direction?