port,polish,&stroked!!!???

boardmaster272

Nov 16, 2008
new york
before the summer starts i wana do an engine rebiuld I:I(really need too). i wana get my stock cylinder ported polished and stroked. i also wana put it in the super stock piston from vitos. can anyone tell me a good place to get it ported and if im off to the right start and also how mutch $$ it is to port and polish?? thanks:)

send a message to kennedy_power, wildcard2, and flotek, these are the top three i know of because of the work they have done here,i plan to send mine to one of them when i get to my next duty station, go with the aggressive trail port. plan to spend a few bux

well i don't know for sure you can e-mail them all, i know to shave the head its 40, but to change the squish band clearance it is going to get more expensive,port and polish is the best thing you can do next to a big bore,make sure you have a decent pipe, vf3's and a 34mm carb, thats what i have, all i can tell you is e-mail and wait for price quotes on what you want done

well i don't know for sure you can e-mail them all, i know to shave the head its 40, but to change the squish band clearance it is going to get more expensive,port and polish is the best thing you can do next to a big bore,make sure you have a decent pipe, vf3's and a 34mm carb, thats what i have, all i can tell you is e-mail and wait for price quotes on what you want done

Port and polish is better than a big bore. I:I

to me no, it is decent but if you are going to spend the money on p/p and the goods, i will tell you that you will want a better pipe for the performance

dont bother with the vitos b.s piston just buy a wiseco.. i seized mine yesterday put oil down the plug hole in the head it kicked over put the plug in and im runing it no problems.. knock on wood

Flotek suggested a Power pros pipe for my port job, it's exactly the same pipe as a Phantom (now known as Factory7 or F7). As for the jet kit as long as its jetted properly it don't really matter where you get the jets. And as corey said dont bother with the Vitos Piston its junk. All that super stock piston is, is a half assed atempt to trick your cylinder into acting like its ported by leaving the exhaust port open a little bit longer.

i have the vitos kit your talking about and i like it, its made by wiseco. ive also had regular wiseco pistons and vertex pistons, in my experinces all the top brands are good if you have them tuned right. its funny how people will bore/hone/piston a motor and put a pipe on it and ripp of the airbox lid, forget to jet the carb for the mods and run it lean... then when it blows they tell everyone the pistons junk ..lol ( im not talking about you guys im speaking about newbies and people lacking expierience) just my thaughts

I should have been a little clearer The wiesco pistons that vitos sells are ok the other ones they sell ( the cast ones) are the junk ones. I have the wiesco big bore one in right now and its fine. Just dont trust the cast ones unless you have some sick obsession with picking little bits of metal out of your bottom end. But as said before jetting is key.