plugged head pipe?

if something has gotten up there and made a nest, then its possible. do you KNOW there's something in there?

well i just bought it last wednesday and it had been sitting outside for sale for a couple of years. Upon the initial start i could see that there was a hole in the head pipe with what appeared to be oil coming out of it. So i was thinking that maybe it blew that hole because of too much back pressure? It was running fine and then all of a sudden died and wouldn't start. I cleaned the carb and nothing was different, but when i pulled the head pipe off it started but barely ran

my wifes old 95 blaster...

well start in order,

guy blew top end, rebuilt it, than it wouldnt run, so he rebuilt the bottom end, still wouldnt run, rebuilt carb, still wouldnt run,

traded it off to a buddy of mine, and he couldnt get it to run, i got myhands on it, got it to start but wouldnt idle and wouldnt rev, hardly any smoke out of the exhaust, pulled silencer, same thing hardly any smoke,
pulled head pipe, tryed to blow threw it and couldnt, ran a coat hanger threw it and out came a mouse nest, when the guy rebuilt it he mustof had the pipe layin onthe groudn and a mouse made him self at home,

ended up trading the wifes trail boss for it, took the took the fmf pipe, +2+4 axle off, and aluminum grab bar for my 01, than traded the blaster for a cr125

ha ha good story!, it could very well be a broken reed! it may start but WILL NOT rev at all, you are lucky if you get it started! check them out...

Alright so if it is a broken reed, all i need to do is buy knew ones? any gaskets or anything else i should do since it will be torn somewhat apart