plug chop

jeepinncreepin

Apr 16, 2009
fort gratiot,michigan
did a plug chop this is what i came up with.the part you gap is like a gold color the inside parts kind of white is this normal?according to reading your spark plug in the diy section it is but is it really.doesnt idle high or anything jw:eek:

IMG00117.jpg

with a plug chop you actually cut the plug threads off, and look at the base of the porcelain.

Now I am not a pro, but I am certain these guys can give you more/better information.

When jetted spot on you should have a 2mm grahm cracker brown smoke ring extending up from the base of the porcelain. Less than 2mm or lighter in color and you're lean, more than 2mm or darker and you're rich. This needs to be done with a brand new plug that doesn't get used at all at any other throttle position than the one you are trying to test.

a used plug that appears rich ,can actually be dangerously lean ,gotta use a new plug and look for the cardboard color ring ,the plug tells alot of the other jetting ,the heat range and ignition timing if you know how to read it well