plug chop . PLeas look !!

you dont want it too close to the exhaust port itself because the sensor can get too hot. i had one on my wrx, very usefull tunning tool but i dont see how it would work well with mixed fuel. i would say a egt guage and or pug chops would be sufficient on a 2 stroke

I ran one on my 94 fd 20b rx7. I ran pre mix gas in that and it held 30 psi from a gt40 just fine. If the oil is mixed right it burns cleaner than the gas. Rotaries are a 2 stroke system two and had a oil injection system just like a blasty. Pre mix for the win.

To each there own. I am a perfectionist.

If you have to ask alot of the techinacal details its not for you. I gave the idea the tool to use and the location. What more do you want me to do hook it up and teach you how lean is lean and how rich is rich. tune for the 10's it will mask all your issues and in fact thats all your doing now with plug chops. My blasty idled in the 16's and cruised in the 16's and wot it was upper 13's FTW!

Egts are great but can fool you. they go hot when mix goes lean they go hot when mix gets super rich. horse a piece. choose your poison. I ran both and data logged with a palm pre. Then i ran it threw a Volumetric effiecny program to extrapolate the most power from the jets i had. Then i made my own jets and made one needle in my lathe as well.

Plenty of cars where using slide carbs like SU Strombergs Zenith and many other carbs of euro de3cent way before the japs got ahold of them. In fact the Japs licensed the 3 screw su for the 240z in 1969 :p

Whats so nice is oh bog off idle check pilot and needle. Oh middle is the suck check needle tapper and setting. Wot is the suck check main jet. Check progression circuits etc etc etc. Pick up a book on Mikuni/Weber/oer/solex/delloroto carbs and learn how they work how to tune and be amazed at the power you pick up.

Your not gonna ruin your pipe unless you suck at welding in a bung. Bungs have threads therefore can be capped. If i bought a pipe that had been Bunged i would see it as a bonus.

Make sure the sensor is at a 30 degree angle as well.

good info dude thanks. here's some well deserved rep

+1

and dude, just to be clear, i wasnt being a smart ass earlier.
its just my opinion, and for what my son does with his blasty at this point,
plug chops are fine. he is only doing moderate riding now.
if he starts to race, then that s a diff story.

we used to use those type gauges on sand dragsters and our fuel altered car.
im more of a drive train guy, but our engine guy had them.
i know how they work and what they do, but prob a bit to advanced for me.

i also guys in my club that use similiar items on harleys, which the 08's and up now have narrow band 02's stock, the thunder max tuners run the wide band for some really great performance gains for a bolt on item.

some green for your knowledge sharing

there is a reason that most people arent using widebands to tune there 2 strokes . the wideband sensors are expensive and they will foul quickly from unburned oil. wonder what kind of ratio would be used to have a burn cleaner than gas? 200:1? im not trying that. ill stick to my 3 dollor plugs and hopefully i can get my jetting right like i always do.. i dont know if rotary engines are 2 strokes exactly nor 4 strokes really. wiki says there 4 strokes. if your going to go as far as installing a wideband then u might as well be able to log your rpm and throttle position. then keep in might humidity, elevation, air temp. tunning is very technical however when your jets are right they are right. i look for a good plug chop and ride it

Rotaries work on a otto 2 sstroke cycle. They have a sump so they can be called 4 stroke but they also injeco oil to lube apex seals. They wrk just liek a stroke rotor turns draws air threw side port into intak combusts in port pushes pas exhasut port. All port work.

Dont listen to the rotary tech at morries mazda in chippewa falls wi though...... :p

Happy Thanksgiving.

4802_132334321040_714316040_3325299_1185926_n.jpg

Last edited:
there is a reason that most people arent using widebands to tune there 2 strokes . the wideband sensors are expensive and they will foul quickly from unburned oil. wonder what kind of ratio would be used to have a burn cleaner than gas? 200:1? im not trying that. ill stick to my 3 dollor plugs and hopefully i can get my jetting right like i always do.. i dont know if rotary engines are 2 strokes exactly nor 4 strokes really. wiki says there 4 strokes. if your going to go as far as installing a wideband then u might as well be able to log your rpm and throttle position. then keep in might humidity, elevation, air temp. tunning is very technical however when your jets are right they are right. i look for a good plug chop and ride it

the thing is man you can take it off when you have everything jetted right. I wouldn't want a 200 dollar piece of electronics gettin beat around on the trails. you just take it off and plug the hole

I'd like to try one, but as said just not a realistic expense for most of us. Just as easy to unscrwew a plug. But I wouldn't turn one down well just say...

The whole point i was making is plug chops are not the end all nor are they more than 50 percent of what is going on in your cylinder. I will argue that point with the lowest lawn mower builder to the highest rep at Ferrari.

the only real way to tell what is going on in your cylinder is with a sniffer.
Expense yes but one that will pay off for the rest of you life on anything with a bung.

cylinder heat and pressure as well as a hand full of other variables all determine what color the porcelain is. In fact reading the prcelin is wrong or jetting. In fact reading the ring is the correct way. porcelain gets you ball park. but again if there is detonation excess heat anything that porcelain is gonna be wrong. I can throw a dirty ass plug in any cylinder ride the piss out of it and it will be bone white when removed.

This would surely be a more presice way I suppose than just a plug chop, I have been trying to find out what the correct air fuel ratio for a blaster is.

hey guys sorry i took a while to respond back with the pics ive just been trying to find the best way to cut the plugs . well i finally cut the plug that i ran with 160 main with a hacksaw , it was a real pain in the a$$ but i got it . il post the pic of the 155 main jet plug tomorrow .

160 main jet plug chop
IMG_0422.jpg

the 160 main looks perfect to me . what u guys think ?

Max power is always gonna be on the line of things. In a N/A application i shoot for high 16's cruise and high 13's wot. boosted application should be in the mid 11's till peak power and trq hits than you can pull fuel like mad to keep the curve high. I digress.

That plug looks very good i would leave it at that for sure for max power. i would go up .5 on the jet.