plug chooping help!!!!!!!

qaudracer711

Sep 24, 2010
meridian,ms
i just tryed to cut the threads off my plug and it like tore the plug to peice i did it with a grinder it tore the white part in half and ugh

you have to be gentle its only porcelain... so if you have a pipe cutter use that... if not can you put the pieces together and see the ring on the inside?

just cut threw the threads around the very botum of them til theres enough gone that you can grab it with a pair of vice grips twist and the threads will break off

i've never cut off the threads, i use a bright light and a magnifyin glass, with 2 blasters, adding mods one at a time, and far too many jetting changes to remember, i'd be broke if i cut every plug i've read

It's called reading a plug. I'm with Awk on this one. Plus I'm lazy and error on the side of being rich. Long as I'm not fouling plugs it's all good.

You can see the bottom of the porcelain when you look inside the plug. Just cut wherever there is below there.
101_7108.jpg

nobody said anything about being "pig rich" i like it tad on the rich side for trails now if i were drag racing or mx or any forum of racing damn staright it would be perfect!

i've never cut off the threads, i use a bright light and a magnifyin glass, with 2 blasters, adding mods one at a time, and far too many jetting changes to remember, i'd be broke if i cut every plug i've read

x2 ^^^^^ ive never cut one

x2 ^^^^^ ive never cut one

You can do it with a magnifying glass, but even I have a tough time doing that without an ottoscope and have to guess somewhat as you can't see the whole ring. It's not like I do plug chops every other day. It's a spark plug.....it's $2.50........the cheapest power and reliability you can buy.

You can do it with a magnifying glass, but even I have a tough time doing that without an ottoscope and have to guess somewhat as you can't see the whole ring. It's not like I do plug chops every other day. It's a spark plug.....it's $2.50........the cheapest power and reliability you can buy.

lol to each his own, i can see it fine using a small mag light :D