Please help with rejetting!!

anaujiramevol

Jun 29, 2009
MN
i recently purchased a pro circuit headpipe and silencer, vforce2 reeds, 1/2in billet reed spacer, K&N filter and outerwears airbox cover so i could remove the lid but not let in the crap lol... i also purchased vitos jet kit... i dont have a clue how to set up the jetting... the kit came with main jet sizes 290 though 340 but it just doesnt make sense when the stock one is 220... ive tried a few things but it just doenst run right... the plug gets a dark wet look so i think its running rich? please can anyone help me?

also ive read many threads from blaster forum... ive gotten some great info but i still dont seem to be getting anywhere... are the new main jets waaaay to big? i also have a 260 would that be about right? my poor baby has been sitting for almost a year now i just wanna get out and ripp again with all the new mods!!

290-300 and it also depends on how you ride if you putting around it will load up and foul plugs, i posted a GREAT thread at the top of the engine section titled jetting 101?? its a long read but very much worth it, read it and it may help you if your still lost ask more questions..

but that thread should help you out

well i got the vitos kit and it came with 5 main jets sizes 290 through 340 so you think 290 or 300? i just put in the 310 but havent had a chance for a test run i put the smaller pilot jet in that came with the kit hoping to lean out the idling is that a good idea? stock was 32.5 the new was 30... also the needle i had set at 3 but just changed to 2 to see how that'd work just seems like its running rich but checking the plug but i hope im not excessive on the leaning! not good for them blastys!

also i like to beat the hell out of my blasty... lots of wide open to quick stop hare scramble type riding is my favorite! racer at heart just never had the opportunity to start up younger like everyone else has...

go back to the 32.5, alot od top end rebuilds are needed cuz the lack of fuel when crossing from wide open back to idle, and yes 280-300... .. do a plug chop and post a pic of it ( if you dont know how or what that is search plug chop) that wil give you a accurate reading.

thanks for all your help 4cfed! it was helpful butttt im not much of a mechanic when it comes to carbs lol i tried this and tried that but got fed up and took it to a local guy that owns a shop and has been racing since he was a kid! he can figure that out! sadly i found out that a K&N filter isnt the greatest with dusty dirty conditions soooo if anyone is looking for a NEW K&N filter please message me! Also i have a 1/2in Reed spacer and to my dismay i do not need to run with my VForce reeds... OOOPs!

That k&n is a good filter buy the maintenance kit that comes with the air filter oil and it will be just as good if not better then a foam filter.
Also i ran my bike with open box fmf and boyessan reeds at a 270, which was slightly rich i could of ran a 260 probably.
clip in stock position.
but i am at on average 79F in summer
and my altitude is 481.5 meters = 1579.7 feet