Please help engine trouble

Cataldi1122

Jan 6, 2012
Just put my top end on. It starts one kick idles fine but when I gove it a little gas I feel like its knocking hard. Also when I try to give it a bit more gas it dies and back pressure comes out the tail pipe.

I defiently put it in right I made sure after watchong some videos. Blue size is 67. Piston is namura 66.92. The place I had it done said they fit it.

Compression is good 120. Im pretty sure everything is good on the bottom end it just came back from ken. Can it be a carb issue? Its just the knocking that has me a bit worried

I will take it apart tomorrow and double check everything .but what would cause the knocking it feels like a hammer hitting the,top you can feel it in the handle bars but its,only when I give it gas idling there's no knock

Ken did my bottom end. My top was done by a different place. I assembled the top end oem gaskets 20ft lb tourqe .compression was good. I dont have a leak tester. But when I give it gas back pressure comes out the tail pipe and it dies. I dont think I have a leak anywhere

No just the bottom end went to ken. I put the top end on and I don't have a leak down tester. Would a leak cause knocking?

Could you be sucking in lots of air due to poor fit up somewhere in the intake.

A leak could cause detonation on giving it throttle.

Firstly do a leak down test before you start it again!

Contact slickerthanyou re buying or hiring a tester.I:I

Stupid questions I know.

Did you put a gasket between jug and cases?

Did Ken fit a stroker crank?

Was the head machined?

What octane gas are you using and what oil to fuel ratio?

What was the reason for rebuild, disaster or just plain wore out?