Plastics

Sruiz67

May 1, 2013
San Antonio, TX
When I bought my blaster it looked really nice and shined. Then I put gas in it and spilled some on the gas tank plastic. The shine bubbled and came off. It now dull black around the full cap. The shine comes off all over the bike with a little gas. I want to strip it and put something else on that will shine and not flake off? Any ideas?

That's stuff works real well Christ?

Been looking for somthing to clean my plastics up with. I like the stock yamaha blue look for the 03 but my plastics have had wear since I bought the bike and I've added wear.

I've got some of that stuff in my garage Gavin. I'll bring it to you next time we ride. It works good, I used it on my banshee.

That's stuff works real well Christ?

Been looking for somthing to clean my plastics up with. I like the stock yamaha blue look for the 03 but my plastics have had wear since I bought the bike and I've added wear.

it works but then if you want put graphics is a little difficult because it create like a clear layer but works

So should I strip the shiny stuff and then apply that in your opinion? Cause I like that high glossy look. But I would need to strip this stuff and then find something that will coat it or deal it but not scratch off easily or come off with a drop of gas.

Well I'm buying a dynatek ignition for it. Hopefully that will get it to spark. Not a big fan of shelling out another $325 on the "Free" shee though.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you into it already?? I have barely done anything to mine yet. Just getting rid of some ugly old decals and new front/rear tires and rims, and some odds and ends here and there.. Now since you got the decal kit i was going to get X( lol I'm going to have to figure something else out.. 8-|

Well I'm buying a dynatek ignition for it. Hopefully that will get it to spark. Not a big fan of shelling out another $325 on the "Free" shee though.

Oh I can only imagine Expectially being so close to finish! It will be worth it tho. That shee is going to be serious!

As for sruiz I don't see why you would want to redo it if the plastics are fine let them be fine as is, just touch the tank up if that's the only problem?

Yeah man, maybe picures would help. I can tell that the previous owner used some sort of sealer in it ad it looks good but like I said it just doesn't stay on if gas touches it, bubbles off and returns to dull black. So I'm wondering what you guys use to seal/finish the plastics. To give them that nice shine?