piston slap? video included

purpleblaster

Feb 20, 2012
i was just wondering if u think i have piston slap it seems to run fine acording to the guy who i bought it from a few months ago he said he rebuilt the piston but im not sure ... he also gutted the exaust i think no tip or anything so its loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not good! Do not start that again until you figure out what is going on with it!

That's not good! Do not start that again until you figure out what is going on with it!

lol idk to be honest with u no efence i find that kinda funny because ive been riding it like that for a few months and pretty hard lol nothing has happened yet

o i also forgot to post that the kick rattles so that might be it also im not saying its not the piston just somthing to think about

lol idk to be honest with u no efence i find that kinda funny because ive been riding it like that for a few months and pretty hard lol nothing has happened yet

I am just giving you my opinion man, you posted the video to ask if something is wrong, I said there probably is. Some other guys will probably hop onto here and tell you what the best course of action would be.

You can keep riding it if you want, by all means it's your blaster. I think it would be a very bad idea though! :eek:

I am just giving you my opinion man, you posted the video to ask if something is wrong, I said there probably is. Some other guys will probably hop onto here and tell you what the best course of action would be.

You can keep riding it if you want, by all means it's your blaster. I think it would be a very bad idea though! :eek:

not arguing or saying your wrong thats y i said no efence lol . i just thought it was funny because ive been riding like that thats all not laughing at your answer thank u tho. also ive seen piston slap videos on youtube mine doesent sound that bad does it ? lol haha idk what it is tho

Last edited by a moderator:
not arguing or saying your wrong thats y i said no efence lol . i just thought it was funny because ive been riding like that thats all not laughing at your answer thank u tho. also ive seen piston slap videos on youtube mine doesent sound that bad does it ? lol haha idk what it is tho

Yamaha Blaster Engine Knock - YouTube

No hard feelings here! I just had my motor rebuild twice, its a long story. I just want to make sure it doesn't happen to you too.

sounds pretty sh*tty to me too,
run that biotch till she blows, then you find what it was !!!!

lol do u think i should do a top end rebuild ?

compression check ????
pull intake and exhaust to see if the piston is showing any obvious signs of wear, then i'd pull that cylinder and measure piston to cylinder clearence
report those results....psi. and visual piston inspection first

if i were to end up doing a top end rebuild what bore size would i have to get like number or w.e i saw they have a bunch of diff sizes . ps this sucks lol

the next bore size up, as s,all as possible to preserve cylinder life
agreed, the guy told you he just did the top end right? you wont know what size it is now till you measure it after teardown. awks got great advice, check out what you can before you start taking it all apart. confirm and report back.

how would i find out the bore size it is now?
only removing the cylinder head and measuring it can tell you. there may be a way after removing the exhaust and intake, shine a light into the intake or exhaust and MAYBE you can see the sizing on the piston top thru the spark plug hole, doubtful with all the carbon but theres a chance. but to be certain, nothing beats a hands on with a caliper...