piston ring keeps sticking

B

bcook07

ok well i had my blaster running. i ran it for a while and then one day all of a sudden it reved up really high..i hit the kill switch on it and tried to restart it. nothing. i took it in the shop and took it apart, the piston rings were stuck in the grooves on the piston. so i freed them and put it back together. i put some gas in the intake and it fired right up. i hit the kill switch and now it wont start again. i know it is the rings stuck in the grooves. what is causeing this? how do i fix it?

my idea for now is i am going to get the ring groove cleaner from work (i work at an oreillys auto parts) and clean the grooves and then file the ends of the ring a lil bit.

any thoughts?

thats about all you can do short of buying another piston, if your piston says STD. on top, its still stock, if not then you will have to mic that one and buy another one accordingly

some time this is wath happen,you got 2 option 1:your cylinder is out of shape ,2:you have a air leak thats cause the engine to over rev and make you ring stick!!!