pinhole on left side of cylinder?

kodiakaaron

May 29, 2015
Nikiski
I noticed a pin hole on the jug. I'm sure this isn't normal and was wondering if I should run it till it blows or is it possibly normal?

Attachments

• WP_20160507_08_59_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160507_08_59_25_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 202
Cannot feel air at all even held a lighter up to it to see but nothing. But there is a small amount of oil residue on clutch cable right in front of the hole.

That dont look good! Leakdown tester time. Did you try squirting starter fluid at it to see if it changes your idle?

does this cylinder have boysen ports ?
see if you can stick a toothpick or broom bristle into it ?

if it is a hole and goes thru into the boysen or transfer (?)
otherwise it may only be in the aluminum casting, and highly doubtful it goes thru the sleeve into the bore.

rough sand the area and slap a dime sized piece of quicksteel epoxy putty over it, should seal it.

Reactions: Larry's Shee
I bought the cylinder, porting and head from Ken. I've had a lot of fun and miles out of it so far. Probably around 800 miles. I will go with your recommendation awk08. If it does cause damage ill just send another jug off to Ken and rebuild again hahaha parts don't ever last forever. Thanks for the info and suggestions from all.

Make sure you use a lot of lube to get your tongue right in there. Not point giving her a 1/2 ass job. :)

Hey Aaron, Did you get a chance to check your engine with a leak tester, or put your finger over the hole and see if it was creating a vacuum?

No haven't don't a thing been fishing. Pulling it out now. No didn't have a vacuum tester. One of these days ill buy or make one.