perhaps the greatest electrical problem in the world

iLikeIke

Jun 6, 2012
southern wisconsi
probably not the greatest but pretty close. haha (you should start to see my humor in almost all my posts/threads)

01 blaster, no spark now. ran fine two weeks ago (some of you have ben following my hard start thread, thats a diffrent issue, and was leak tested came out good.)

i have read and followed the manual perfectly and replaced the parts as required. stator ohms correctly. i checked each and every single wire for ohms to make sure there not broken, and not shorted out. have two cdi boxes, two stators, two coils. correct spark plug gap and tried a couple different ones. all switches tested and even cleaned (stock and tether)

even hooked cdi directly to stator, eliminating all those other dumb wires(picture) still nothing.all grounds were cleaned and sandpapered.

i have no idea what is left X(8-|:(:-/:eek:

Attachments

• 2012-08-29 18.44.21.jpg
    2012-08-29 18.44.21.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 171
i had a similar situation once, tried everything, found a triple tapped black wire, right where the harness crosses the cross frame at the front of the fuel tank, that soldered joint was sharp and had worn thru into the black/white stripe wire, which kills the ignition

just something else to look for since you've tried everything else

are the second stator, coil and cdi proven on a running bike ?

no, but the second set was sparking and running two weeks ago. put in a new crank seal and clutch yesterday, and no sparker

tomorrow i will visually check every single wire

the 2nd cdi box i know works, but couldn't rev up for some reason.

i can pop start it right up, runs perfect

not sure why it doesnt spark/start when kicking hate to pop start it all the time

How many revolutions does it take for the motor to fire when you pop start it.

I would be suspecting a fuel problem if the motor took more than a few turns to fire up.

did u flip the stator backwards when u put it back together?.... and the wireing harness is off wht year bike?looks like u stilll have the tors on. disconect all the wirres if the harness is an 02 or lower, or search here for 03+ on how to disconnect the tors.

tors is gone, compressions good, and starts instantly when i pop it

however i went out this morning and it started right up, 3rd kick. later today, 2nd kick

not sure how it wasnt showing spark yesterday and now its perfect maybe that plug just likes being in its hole

tors is gone, compressions good, and starts instantly when i pop it

however i went out this morning and it started right up, 3rd kick. later today, 2nd kick

not sure how it wasnt showing spark yesterday and now its perfect maybe that plug just likes being in its hole

thats wht she said!

yeS! the plug has to be grounded to the motor for it to spark!!!! which means u eaither have to hold it on the engine head or it has to be in the hole....

uhhh nvm on "thats wht she said joke...."

lol i know that im not that much of a cheese head

held the plug all over the head and even bought a adjustable spark tester that i wired straight to a ground

i hooked the cdi box directly to the stator, eliminating everything (switches, lots of wire etc), still nothing.

but if put the plug in the hole it starts right up. not sure how i cant see spark when holding the plug on the motor but works fine where its suppose to be

call me weird but i also put my #13 plate on that morning and now its starting perfect. lol i had to pick 13 for a number