paniting rims?

96MXBlaster

Jun 20, 2010
SD
i want to paint my rims black. im going ot by the metal black paint. will the paint come off? any tips?

i dont ride to hard i just drive around on back rodes and hit jumps not to fancy or hard riding.

you can buy a rattle can clear coat. It works pretty good too. I would do as many light coats as possible. I usually do like 3-4 light coats. Hit the first coat, dry, then the next and so on and so forth.

are these steel wheels or aluminum? prep them good, clean, lightly sand down the surface to give the paint some tooth to stick better. i would use quality paint like krylon or such

I agree prep prep prep paint in low dust dirt air circulation ect ect I would use 1500 grit on stock steel rims if you want gloss if your going for a flat or matt look go with 800 grit clean with clear odorless mineral spirits before and after you sand then paint more clear the better because it is like a shield for your paint

yep just wet sand the stcokers with 1k grit and use 2 coats of primer 2-3 coats of paint and 3-4 coats of clear and let them sit for a day with out riding and it should be ok. you might need to touch it up every now and then

i painted my stock wheels semi flat black. they have been painted for a few months and have not chipped. i used 2 coats