Painting!

NovaScotian

Dec 9, 2008
Eastern Canada
So my Blaster was painted black, and a couple of parts are starting to show back in blue because of the cold and bad sanding job they did. Is there a DIY on painting blasters in here? Also, if you think you have some input on a good colour i could choose or the steps in which to make sure the paint stays or a good brand of paint, it'd be much appreciated.

well, any kind of paint unless its automotive paint isnt going to stand up verly long against a qaud. just the abuse a quad takes is too much for paint. If you have the money i would say go with powdercoat. i know its expensive but, it will hold up in the long run and you will like it alot more. But, if you want to talk to somebody about painting I would PM 89custom. he painted his whole frame when he did his bike rebuild and seems to have done a pretty good job on it. As for color do anything that you think would look good. dont worry about "copying" other people and all of that crap. Just do what you like. Now with that point made I am not going to tell you what color i want to do my bike in because everybody would steal it! :)

painting the plastics is going to be tough. i do know they make a plastic coat paint. let me see if i can find it. i actually have some right here. its called bulldog adhesion promoter. it says it makes pain stick to all automotive surfaces. and it list plastic. it sprays on clear and than you paint over it. im not sure how good it works but my brother used it to paint some interior parts. give it a shot!! i dont think it will make things worse. personally i would save my pennies and buy a set of colored plastics. but hey spray paint is cheaper!!