painting the frame & plastic

1252smoke

Sep 27, 2009
west virginia
Well painted the the wheels this past weekend. Now the wheels are painted every thing else has been highlighted. So thinking of taring it down this weekend and painting the frame and plastic. Going to go with SEM hyper base coral on the frame and a matt black plastic with some type of graphics has any one used proform products 4:1 clear coat ? thiking of using it on the frame for the plastic goin to use mipa matt clear.

+2, painted plastics would never stay lookin good where i ride, lots of trails and brush, would get scratched and look like sh*t after 1 ride, buff and polish them, but the color scheme you're talkin would look good

do what you think is right man, my brother painted the plastics on mine 4 years ago, didnt do much prep besides cleaning them and didnt even use a clear coat and theres very little wear on them just a few small spots where the top of your boot rubs. So I would say go for it I:I

I say paint the plastic if you want. My tank cover and hood were painted black when i got mine, and after over 2 years of me riding it the paint is still looking good. Just make sure its cleaned and prepped before you paint.