Painting Plastic Wrecks Value

Heres some paint designed for plastic layed down over some good prep work.

2011-07-02_18-44-12_333.jpg

Thank you very much guys.
In my case I started with white rear fenders, black painted yellow fronts, and a black painted, black tank cover.
I'm not gonna lie it was a PITA but if your short on dough and you have the time......
Its been almost 2 years since I did them and prolly 100's of rides through the woods on my trails.
What I have learned to pass on to you guys:
Be sure to get the edges. They are the weakest point for paint. In fact lift up your piece and spray those areas first, then go over the whole thing like normal.
I really don't have any problems with this except the rear fenders from the constant abuse of rocks, dirt, mud, ect being thrown on them from the rear tires.
Also deal with the fact that no matter what you do or how much clear you use the color will rub off on your frame everywhere the plastic touches it alot.
This is something that can't be seen with the plastic on but still. Just don't blame yourself or the paint :)

Here's a current pic:
P7240008-1.jpg

Love the Bob Hurricane Hannah theme bro, awesome!!! i saw that on most frames that are painted the paint does rub off where the riders legs and heel contact also. i tried to slow this down by using 3M 4ml clear film (clever wording for thick packing tape) on the hot spots. its holding up pretty well so far.

Last edited:
Love the Scott Hurricane theme bro, awesome!!! i saw that on most frames that are painted the paint does rub off where the riders legs and heel contact also. i tried to slow this down by using 3M 4ml clear film (clever wording for thick packing tape) on the hot spots. its holding up pretty well so far.

Ya know thats a damn good tip I:I

yeah, i got the idea from my iphone lmfao!!! but it works. gotta get the 6ml or the beefy 4ml stuff. put it on with a little heat gun action to get a good wpap, like di-noc and it cant even be seen. i put some under the rear plastic where it contacts. not to protect it cause itll get rubbed hard there. just to quiet the squeaks down from plastic on metal. no more noises.

Thank you very much guys.
In my case I started with white rear fenders, black painted yellow fronts, and a black painted, black tank cover.
I'm not gonna lie it was a PITA but if your short on dough and you have the time......
Its been almost 2 years since I did them and prolly 100's of rides through the woods on my trails.
What I have learned to pass on to you guys:
Be sure to get the edges. They are the weakest point for paint. In fact lift up your piece and spray those areas first, then go over the whole thing like normal.
I really don't have any problems with this except the rear fenders from the constant abuse of rocks, dirt, mud, ect being thrown on them from the rear tires.
Also deal with the fact that no matter what you do or how much clear you use the color will rub off on your frame everywhere the plastic touches it alot.
This is something that can't be seen with the plastic on but still. Just don't blame yourself or the paint :)

Here's a current pic:
P7240008-1.jpg

Always thought those were original plastics in good shape. Looks real good, you should have documented a DIY when you were doing them.