Outlaw's attempt to turn thisn pile of trash into a blaster

how is swingarm shop garbage? mine has held up great. plus they will replace it if it breaks. idk of anyone else that has swingarms at this price. i guess 01blasterdude could make you one, but you will have to wait for shipping both ways.

blasterfreek snapped his and they wouldnt replace it

gonna be a while longer... seems when my buddy went to putthe new reeds in they dont match up to the reed cage, i've looked around trying to find the problem but am stuck. it seems with the reed cage thats on it now are one wide peice with no split in the middle and also instead of 2 screws per reed it has 3.... i think it was rigged unless im missing something.

also i bought the wrong bars and am now stuck with a set of dirtbike bars

if that wasnt bad enough while talking to buddy on the phone my sister beeped in to tell me my grandfather died today on his 69th birthday....

talk about a bad day

holy sh*t!!!!!!!!! sorry for your loss!!!! my reeds also have 3 holes instead of 2,i have the sonic 240 head and it just bolts on. maybe when you get ur vitos it will also have 3 holes on the intake.. agian i am very sorry to hear about your grandfather passing away on his birthday.....

your reeds are also use 3 screws to hold them in the cage? this was on a stock blaster so i have no idea what sort of cage it is to even buy new reeds to replace the old ones.

hopefully i can find a used stock reed cage soon

hold on wiat a min? what u mean hold them in the cage? u mean so u can bolt them down onto the back of the head? or are u talking about something else

i misunderstood u mine just slide in and stay in there. i thought u were talking about where u bolt them onto the head.

probably wasnt hard to misunderstand lol considering talking parts is like speaking another language to me. only other things i've ever owned with a motor was a car and a lawnmower. gotta start somewhere so i figure now is the best time. im picking things up faster than i thought i would tho thanks to the forum and a buddy of mine.

he's supposed to be stopping by later tonight hopefully he doesnt forget the pics.

ok buddy stopped by with the reeds and reed cage piece so now the question is which is the wrong part? is it the wrong cage and worn reed or did they send the wrong reeds when i ordered them from vito's??

2807766924_3466e67fff_o.jpg

2807766892_5efb4a9d88_o.jpg

2806918915_8202012eb6_o.jpg

2806918881_7235167c4c_o.jpg

2807766756_90a37a3dbc_o.jpg

2806918749_cee1f5801b_o.jpg

they look alot like an older verison of the v force valve reeds not sure though

Last edited:
there are no numbers or anything on it tho, wouldnt vforce put their name on it? i figured they just ripped it off os something else and slapped it on. now i just need to find a stock cage asap

that red cage you ahve is MUCH better than a stock blaster version. i would keep it on there until you can get a Vforce3. those stock blaster petals are tiny compared to the cage you have and will restrict flow.

do you have any idea what kind it is so i can buy some replacement reeds for it? the reeds are so old they dont even lay agains the cage anymore. and edges are freying. probably going to be a month or so before i can get the vforce3's. they are on the list for after the 240 kit, +4 axle, and +4 swingarm ( should be ordering those within the next week or 2.

a month or so aint that long..Just run what u got for now.Then get v force 3

i bid on a spare stock cage on ebay so i can atleast run the vitos stage 2 carbon fiber reeds i bought so they dont go to waste till then. if i win it'll only be a couple bucks anyway and its always nice to have a spare.

i was gonna keep running the reeds that were on it but they were way awawy from the cage. my buddy says he's supprised it ran like that. there was a gap on both reeds that i could have slid a quarter through.

this is becoming a very fun but very expensive first project so far between parts and shipping i've spent about $600 and will be spending another $600 - $1k within the next week. it should be evil when done. im starting to wonder if im going to be afraid of it when its finished

i think my budy is just as excited as i am to help, he's already got it stripped down to pretty much the frame. were supposed to sandblast it and shoot it within the 2 weeks while we wait for more parts. im thinking a candy red or similar for the frame. we were also kicking around the idea of getting some high temp paint and painting the gold series fatty pipe and head/cylinder with a red and some black on the edges of the cooling fins or whatever they are. if all goes well were gonna try to restore the plastics to save $450 VS buying the new black mair stock style plastics like i was thinking of doing.

he's got pics of it partially stripped down and pressure washed on his camera ill have to get copy's to post. i think it cleaned up well compared to what it looked like before

the other end is different tho mine only holds 2 reeds that vforce looks like it holds 3-4. i lost the bid on the stock cage so im thinking ill just run it like that and make the new v force 3's a lil higher on my priority list

vforce2
87%20V%20Force%20Reed%20Valve.jpg

mine
2807766924_1748ebbc2b.jpg

ok pic of the the v force u posted is for a diff bike, notice the mount holes are dif? mine has 2 flaps just like yours. i would at least check to make sure they aren't v forces before you end up buying a new set of reeds.

Last edited: