open airbox rejetting

blasterman17

Jul 27, 2010
Chickamauga Ga
Ok so I know this is a dumb question that everyone has answered but I tried searching and nothing really came up so what should I be running if i have an all stock blaster with no airbox lid. im thinking its fine but it seems to want to lag a little when i go WOT from a stop.

do a plug chop usually you need a larger main jet to compensate for more air. also sounds like to could adjust air screw but be sure your not running lean up top 1st:)

but it seems to want to lag a little when i go WOT from a stop.

Then I am 99.95 sure your jetting is off. (provided you actually maintain your bike) A carb is not an on/off switch, it does not live by main jet alone.

No one can tell you specifically what jet to run. Jetting is effected by altitude, temperature, humidity, compression, etc..

2 identicle bikes may want slightly different jetting, seen it many times. What you need to do is learn how to jet your bike thru all the carb circuits.

Ideally you would have taken time to read up on the subject and understand it before doing a major change to the air/fuel ratio by removing the lid.

Since you are jetting, what are your leak down results and EGT readings at idle, quarter, half, three quarters and wide open throttle?

do a plug chop usually you need a larger main jet to compensate for more air. also sounds like to could adjust air screw but be sure your not running lean up top 1st:)

I know its not lean up top or mid but the pilot if what im going for cause once it gets to mid to top end it runs amazing but when it idles and when I give it gas from idle it wants to bog. I will look at a leak down tester ( I have not bought one yet gonna PM holeshotman) and phragle how do I check my EGT isnt EGT engine gas temperature?

I know its not lean up top or mid but the pilot if what im going for cause once it gets to mid to top end it runs amazing but when it idles and when I give it gas from idle it wants to bog. I will look at a leak down tester ( I have not bought one yet gonna PM holeshotman) and phragle how do I check my EGT isnt EGT engine gas temperature?

lean is mean!

it'll run like a striped ass ape once it gets rolling if you're lean. you have to check it, don't just assume its ok.

see, you are making one of the most common jetting mistakes. Jetting has to do with throttle position NOT rpm.

I already knew that I guess I should have worded it different.. sorry but It was true from doing a plug chop in the 1/4 throttle area when it wants to bog it was running way lean so a bigger pilot jet is on the list now.