On topic

purplesan

Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
Boy oh boy! When I said I had to learn how ride...that was no sh*t. This ain't easy! Clutch, gas, brake, other brake! Geeze. I am learning indeed. It's a "how to" from the forum.

My hands are apparently using muscles they haven't used before! Made about 4 laps around the house, managed to whip it around - sort of - hopped over a few logs, puchsed over some sh*t that I shouldn't have, ran into the peach tree and got smacked in the face = still learning.

This ain't as easy as one would presume. I have a friend who has always owned an automatic utility and is always bragging on "skills". Bullshit! He can talk all he wants. Must be nice to have reverse and a lever that controls both brakes!

if you ride with other people you will catch on alot faster, because you will push yourself to keep up

come ride with me!! ill trach you how to ride.... i rode the wifes blaster so hard i managed to knock the carrier skid plate off, and pop the front brake line out of the brake lever, and almost took out a tree

come ride with me!! ill trach you how to ride.... i rode the wifes blaster so hard i managed to knock the carrier skid plate off, and pop the front brake line out of the brake lever, and almost took out a tree

This is the reason why I joined! A community. I have been on other forums dealing with trucks, cars, guns, etc.

There have only been two that have given me such a warm a welcome.

This forum and TTF (the firearm forum) which I have neglected for over a year.

You get into cars/trucks and it seems like everybody wants to out do everybody else. The hell with that! I'll put the hell and fury into this Blaster. Lovin' it. Not to sound elementary but..."my first four wheelr"!!

I'll get it...with "a little help from my friends". Joe Cocker TM - The Wonder Years.

Thanks everybody.

Doug

It's easier to learn if you have a day when you could practice it for a couple hours rather than like 10mins here 20mins there.Just a tip,if you plan on doing any hill climbs make sure you are in a low enough gear!The day that I got my first blaster brand new in 00' I didn't know what gear I was in and tried going up this huge hill and couldn't make it so I tried turning around on the hill.It stopped halfway through the turn and barrel rolled 10 times down the hill!Luckily I just scratched the plastics a tiny bit,since the rolls were at a low speed.

Haha great story of learning to ride ! Before you know it it will be second nature, and you won't even realize you are clutching, shifting, and throwing your weight around !

I'm realizing it now though...!...I think I'm just old and antique! This quote from a guy who's 19 and that I work with. "Old and antique" What a biotch. It didn't sink in until my hands were aching...and this after only 10/20 minutes. I get your point on that too. Not that I'd be an expert after a half hour but having some distance and terrain change would really benefit.

Peach trees SUCK!! Especially those that grow left/right due to the very large Oak that is soaking all of their shine. My peach trees come up about a foot then turn left - HARD! Limbs and blooms and sh*t STING. My saw is two stroke too! It's 88cc's. Loves gas. Works hard. "I'm a lumber jacker baby..."

Sorry, that was lame. Sorry attempt at humor.