oil puking out of breather hose

mnblaster1

May 22, 2010
minnesota
I rode my blaster today for about 15 minutes then i smelled oil burning, so i stop to check and i see oil pouring out of the breather hose. Can this happen because of too much oil in the crank case?

well how much oil did you put in there? lol im guessin a quart and a half ha ha :eek: just playin man, yeah it could be caused by too much oil, all you put in is 650ml/cc's/cm3

well how much oil did you put in there? lol im guessin a quart and a half ha ha :eek: just playin man, yeah it could be caused by too much oil, all you put in is 650ml/cc's/cm3

I didn't put any oil in at all.... i just bought it a week ago and this is my second time riding it. if i have time this weekend ill drain the oil and put new stuff in and the correct amount.

you shouldnt have oil in the crank case, only the premix oil sitting in there. the transmission has the breather. like noob said 650ml of oil in there, if theres oil coming out either theres too much in there or there is excess backpressure from a blown crankcase gasket or crankshaft seal, make sure the breather pipe is clear also, take the pipe off and clean it and the little bit it connects to the crankcase aswell. if the breather is clear and you have only 650ml of oil its something more sinister. if i were you i would start with fresh oil and measure it, clean the pipe and breather and go for a ride, good luck.