Oil leak from engine area

chblaster

Feb 18, 2019
Hello,

Thanks for viewing this post.
For a while now I have had an oil leak from the engine area. I have found it near impossible to locate the source of the leak. So have a couple of questions for you:
Firstly, is there a tip or trick to locating the source of oil leaks. I know this sounds silly, but the leak generally locates from the bottom of the engine manifold, so is running down from somewhere, i just don't know where.
Secondly, has anyone had a similar issue? It only occurs after 15-20 minutes of running the quad. The longer it runs, the worst it gets.
I will try to add more information if and when i can.
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Chris

Your description isn’t the best as to where exactly the oil is showing up. So I’ll give a general answer.
First you have to get it really clean. Power wash, self serve car wash, spray bottle with dish soap (I prefer Dawn), or any sprayable degreaser and a garden hose. Then you’ll need either flour, talcum powder, or baby powder.
After it dries, ride for 5 minutes stop and dust it with powder. Keep repeating every 5 minutes until you find the wet spot.

(Insert joke about fat girls and flour :p) PM me if you’ve never heard it and are over 16 :D

Reactions: chblaster
Your description isn’t the best as to where exactly the oil is showing up. So I’ll give a general answer.
First you have to get it really clean. Power wash, self serve car wash, spray bottle with dish soap (I prefer Dawn), or any sprayable degreaser and a garden hose. Then you’ll need either flour, talcum powder, or baby powder.
After it dries, ride for 5 minutes stop and dust it with powder. Keep repeating every 5 minutes until you find the wet spot.

(Insert joke about fat girls and flour :p) PM me if you’ve never heard it and are over 16 :D

Great, answer to question one! I will try it tomorrow