Oil injection question

Shotime

Nov 26, 2013
Hi all. I just got a 2001 blaster and I have a question about the oil injection. I filled the bottle about half way with oil. After about an hour of riding the oil level only went down slightly. My question is how much oil gets used? Just want to make sure it's running right. Thanks.

That sounds about right. If your going to keep oil injection, make sure you keep oil in it and keep an eye on the small black tube that goes from the kickstart side of the carb to the same side of the case right in front of the brake pedal and of course the line that goes to the oil tank. If that hose catches on anything and comes off problems are very soon to follow. Lots of pple remove it and mix manually.

If you forget to fill it with oil and it runs dry, the injection system may have to be bled to remove air locks.

If the bike is rolled or lays on its side the injection will have to be bled.

If the bike wheelies up and stands on the grab bar, the same may apply.

If you forget to fill it with oil and it runs dry, the injection system may have to be bled to remove air locks.

If the bike is rolled or lays on its side the injection will have to be bled.

If the bike wheelies up and stands on the grab bar, the same may apply.

How do you bleed the system?

Ok bled the system. Had some air in it. I noticed I still use very little oil. Sometimes I see smoke out the exhaust and sometimes I don't. Is that normal? How much smoke should I see? Also is there a way to test the oil pump?

The amount of smoke will vary, but there should always be a little wisp of bluish smoke.

You can tell if the pump is operating or not by removing the injection tube that goes into the carby.

Start the engine and give a few small blips of the throttle, a small amount of oil should be emitted from the tube.

Do not worry about the motor starving for oil when you blip the throttle, there should be plenty of oil in the crankcase for lubrication purposes.