Oil coming out of vent tube

Wood Spliter

Dec 17, 2009
Culleoka, Tn
Hey guys I rode really hard on Saturday morning on my stock pipe blaster.The bike ran great the whole time. When I pulled into my garage smoke began to pour out from the front of the bike.
After some time looking it appeared to me that is was caused by oil dripping from a small tube and falling on to the exhaust. I tried to trace the tube and it looks like it may be a crank case vent.
My first thoughts were that compression is getting by the rings and pushing oil out the vent. Bike still starts on second kick when cold and runs fine and that is what is confusing me the most.
If my rings are shot shouldn't it be hard to start and have far less power?
Has anyone ever had the same issue with oil coming out of the vent tube simply caused by running it hard?

Hey guys I rode really hard on Saturday morning on my stock pipe blaster.The bike ran great the whole time. When I pulled into my garage smoke began to pour out from the front of the bike.
After some time looking it appeared to me that is was caused by oil dripping from a small tube and falling on to the exhaust. I tried to trace the tube and it looks like it may be a crank case vent.
My first thoughts were that compression is getting by the rings and pushing oil out the vent. Bike still starts on second kick when cold and runs fine and that is what is confusing me the most.
If my rings are shot shouldn't it be hard to start and have far less power?
Has anyone ever had the same issue with oil coming out of the vent tube simply caused by running it hard?

It can't be blow by... It's a two stroke, the crankcase is seperate from the trans case. The oil in there is only for the transmission and clutch. If the seals were blown that bad, you'd be sucking air, running lean, and it wouldn't run.

It's probably that the oil is overfilled. If that happens it can foam up...sounds strange I know, but it can happen. Just check the level on a nice even surface and make sure it's in the middle of the sight glass. If it's even a little over, it can cause this. Also, use a high quality oil in there, 4 stroke synthetic quad oil is good and doesn't hurt the clutches. Synthetics are less apt to foam as well.